Thursday, January 19, 2012

Valentine.......


As we are half way through January and closing in on February, I have begun to think about Valentines Day.  I need to make several cards and this is probably only my second one.  I love the Grand Madison Window die from Poppystamps.  I purchased this one from Joan's Gardens.  Joan carries lots of wonderful dies in her shop and she would welcome your dropping by.  I love to go browse through and almost always come up with something I just can't live without. 

I cut the window out of white card stock and just adhered it to the center of my card.  Some pretty paper a few flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts a Spellbinders heart die and of course a sentiment from Heartfelt Creations.  Oh I almost forgot about my new butterfly die!  I love, love, love it!  It is the Vivienne Butterfly from Memory Box.  I cut it out of white card stock and added a little glitter to it...actually a lot of glitter...As far as I'm concerned all butterflies must be glittered!

So what do you think?  Do you think this might do for a manly Valentine?  Something about the dark paper just makes me think male. 

OK that's all I have this morning.  I'm going for a good hot cup of coffee and then I'm going to visit some of my blogging friends.  Have a great day and remember to "Breathe".


13 comments:

Chris(craft) and Dave(photos) Richards said...

Hi Glenda, this is so delicate and feminine.....a beautiful creation !
love and hugs
chris richards
xxxxx

craftieodmae said...

lets face it, this gorgeous creation would be suited for anything, by anyone!!!! Beautiful!!!

Becky said...

Glenda, this is beautiful....I've got that window die on my wish list, lol!!!

Lisa Lynne said...

Beautiful valentine! You can send that one to anyone!

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is gorgeous... could go for man or woman!

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous Valentine, Glenda! It would be perfect for anyone, man or woman!

Caroline D. said...

It's beautiful!! Love that butterfly die and yes... gotta glitter the wings for wing dust! Your flowers are amazing as always...

Sylvia said...

Lovely, "manly" Valentine card, Glenda, but I think the flowers are too beautiful to waste on a man. He would have to be a very special man to appreciate this card. I do love the colors. Have a beautiful Thursday.

Nan G said...

Oh so beautiful! Might be wasted a man unless he appreciates flowers. Loving the butterfly and the Madison window the more I see it used!

Janett said...

Very beautiful.

Colleen said...

Gorgeous card

Linda W. said...

Just gorgeous and yes can be a manly card. The neutral colors fix that up for you.

BTW where did you find the Memory Box dies?

Patty Sue 2 said...

Such a beautiful card and the window is fabulous. You know how to work those dies!