Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Valentine Tilda....



Good morning everyone.  Have you had your morning cup of coffee?  I'm working on my second cup and am feeling a little sleep deprived at the moment.  We are animal lovers at our house and we have aging dogs.  I awoke at 1:30 AM to the sound of our 13 year old Pug coughing.  Pugs are a kind hearted lot and our Niki is a sweetheart, but anyone who has been around a Pug knows they look like they ran into the back of a bus.  With a smushed face, it can get hard to breathe sometimes and this morning Niki was struggling.  My husband got up with her, but the activity got everyone up and so now it is 4:30 AM and I'm the only one still up!  Wouldn't you know.  Everyone else is sleeping peacefully and I am awake and "READY TO GO"!  I feel a nap coming on later!

This morning I want to share a little card I made and I'm going to enter it in the challenge over at Joan's Gardens.  The requirements this week are:

Make a card and/or tag using some kind of hearts
Use any kind of embellishments
Use, pink or red with white
Do some kind of embossing


My little Magnolia stamp is water colored with Ranger Distress Inks and set up using pink and white.  I used the Mary Ann embossing folder by Cuttlebug.  My sentiment was stamped and cut out with a Spellbinders die and then I used pink chalk on the paper while still in the die.  I colored a half pearl with a Copic Marker to match the pink card stock.  Clean and simple and pretty straight forward.  I really wanted the cute image to be the important part of the card. 

So I have covered all the bases for Joan's challenge and I'm good to go.  Why don't you head on over to Joan's place and have a look around.  She has an online shop and you just might find something you can't live without!  Joan is a class act and ships quickly and your order arrives in pristine condition. 

Well that is it for me this morning.  I'm going for another cup of coffee.  I'm beginning to wind down a little, now that it is about time to get up.  It's going to be a difficult day!  I will most definitely need to find time to "Breathe" today!

12 comments:

craftieodmae said...

yep, my daughter has 2 pugs, they are cute even if they do like they hit the back end of a bus LOL. Your card is gorgeous, love your coloring, and the heart die is awesome!!!! Enjoy your nap!!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

My dog has a smashed face too... hope you get some rest this afternoon! Your card is just adorable... love the soft pallet of color!

Janett said...

I love you card. I really like when the stamped image is the focal point of the card. Sweet dreams.

Lisa Lynne said...

Just a very sweet image today, Glenda! Love it!

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, Glenda! That image is so sweet and the colors so soft. Sorry about the animals, I know how that is. Have a wonderful day and hope you get a nap.

Caroline D. said...

Beautiful card!! I love the pink and white! Your coloring is superb (is that how you spell it?? LOL)

Unknown said...

Tilda is so very cute
like very much your card
well done

Unknown said...

Oh I know what you mean about doggie love! I nearly gave up our Christmas lunch get-together because one of my four-legged children felt ill. Luckily she began feeling better later that morning and I just decided that they would go with us to the lunch :) They had great fun in the swimming pool and forgot all about feeling badly! lol

I love this card. It is such a romantic Valentines Day card! Everything fits together beautifully.
Celestial Things

Gretchen Wilson said...

Glenda this so cute, I have her ordered and can't wait to try her out.

Lisa Somerville said...

Such a sweet Valentine, wonderful coloring!

A Consuming Passion said...

Ah so sweet!!!!

Patty Sue 2 said...

I do believe this is one of my favorites...love everthing about it.