Monday, January 2, 2012

Birds at my feeders......


I think the little gray one with the peak on his head is some sort of titmouse...I didn't find him in my bird book.  I think the yellow tinted one on the front of the feeder is some sort of wren.  Do any of you know for sure?


 

This is a different angle...he almost looks like a tiny jay of some sort.   I just started seeing these guys this year.

This one is a chickadee.  Isn't it cute?



This little guy is a little woodpecker.  If I remember correctly my book called him a fluffy woodpecker.  That little red band around the back of his head is so bright.  He comes morning and evening to get the suet block.  I love watching him.


These feeders are right outside my craft room window.  I spend a lot of time just watching...I used to have doves too but when we moved the feeder they seem to have moved on.  I love to hear their calls and hope they come back soon.  Mostly I've had these birds and lots of little wrens.  It can get quite busy at these feeders, especially when it turns to bad weather.

I hope you have enjoyed my pictures this morning.  Sorry I'm not more sure about the names for these little guys.  I just know they bring me great joy each and every day.  I hope you find something that brings you joy in your day.  My new goal for 2012 is to look for the joy in each day.  That is about the only resolution I made.  Oh and of course....to remember to "Breathe"!

11 comments:

craftieodmae said...

how neat, I'm not sure what he is either, I love watching our burds too.............we have loads of Doves and Blue Jays

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

ah Magpie no wonder you love birds with that name - Magpie's here are so cheeky over here - but dont have feeder here as not good for our native birds they have plenty of food and teaches them bad habits - but different in your climate - but have bird bath and love to watch them come drink and bath there - they are so funny! love Shaz in oz.x

The Other Patti Sue said...

I wouldn't get any crafting done with this right outside my window! This totally rocks!

Caroline D. said...

Loved seeing the pics!! I love my birdfeeders too! :o) I read somewhere that woodpeckers mate for life so I am betting you have a least a pair there.

Sylvia said...

Gorgeous pictures of the birds, Glenda! I am sending the photo to Amy, she'll find out what bird it is! I am curious as well. Have a wonderful day, and I am definitely trying to breathe!

Lisa Lynne said...

Great pics & great resolutions! Your pics make me kinda homesick for the TN hills...

Linda W. said...

Oh Glenda - people who watch birds are my true buddies! The 2 birds that look like tiny jays are "titmice" (titmouse is one). The gold/green little boy is a male goldfinch. He will turn bright yellow/black soon as spring blooms full force. The little woodpecker is a male down woodpecker, approx. 1.5 yo, and yes they usually mate for life. However, they quickly move in on other territories when the urge comes. We have dedicated our entire forest for maintaining woodpeckers.

505whimsygirl said...

Isn't is wonderful to see the birds enjoying what we have to offer them!

Thank you for your sweet comment on the post about my mother.

Hugs,
Kay

Linda W. said...

OOPS - I misspelled "downy" woodpecker. Sorry - but that's why you remembered "fluffy" because of the word "down" in their name. They truly are "downy" feeling - I've had 2 of them light on me as I hung suet for them. Friendly birds.

Leslie Miller said...

Great photos, Glenda! You have different birds than we do. I don't know what that crested one is, but it sure does look like a jay in the second photo. They're all so pretty!

Joyce across the Pond said...

Wonderful birdies....I just wouldn't know what to do if I couldn't watch birds feeding....this Winter I have one female blackbird who is waiting every morning for her breakfast.....and she's followed by Bobby Robin and then later I'll have two collared doves...and it just takes my breath away when they take off..oh the spread of their wings...so perfect and so dove grey - I'll have a male blackbird later on especially if I throw out some apple....I can envisage life without bird watching. Thanks for sharing your feathered friends.