Saturday, January 21, 2012

A Quick Card.....


Every time I do a card that has anything purple on it, I'm inspired by a blog friend Selma Stevenson.  She loves purple and a lot of her cards incorporate this color.  I love purple, but seldom use it and I don't know why.  I needed a quick card and had just received a new Marianne designs embossing and cutting folder and so I began the process.  What color do I use behind the cut out part and what kind of flowers....well I came up with purple and then some Wild Orchid Crafts flowers tinted with Ranger Distress Ink and a few leaves from there too and the card is ready to go.  My new embossing folder came from Joan's Creations.  This is an Anja design and so elegant I think.  Years ago I used to purchase embossing stencils designed by Anja.  Now I can get the best of both worlds!  This could also be a Valentine card if you used pink or red behind this.....hmmm....maybe I will be showing you a red one soon!

So what are you doing today?  I have some house work to do today. I'd rather be playing, but sometimes you just have to do a little dusting.  Well I hope your day is a good one and that you are productive and maybe find a little time to create.  As always, remember to "Breathe"!

22 comments:

Chris(craft) and Dave(photos) Richards said...

stunningly beautiful !
love and hugs
chris richards
xxxxxxxx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Just beautiful Magpie, love the Marianne die - thanks for sharing still praying for the postie to hurry up God bless, Shaz.x

Karen W said...

This is so pretty!!!

marsha said...

Glenda, this is just so elegant! I love the die you used with those gorgeous orchids!
Hugs,
Marsha

Betty Benton said...

Selma's cards are always an inspiration and guess what .... yours are too, my friend! What a lovely, elegant card you have created here!

The Other Patti Sue said...

OH MY... you've done it again! This is BEAutiful! Love your embossing and use of the stencil! Have a great weekend!

Lisa Lynne said...

Wow! This is just gorgeous! You've created another beauty!!

Selma said...

This is gorgeous Glenda. You have used one of my favorite embossing folders and of course I do love purple. Oh no, I feel the urge to go create something purple! Enjoy your weekend. I'll be posting the tutorial on how to create the rose buds today and maybe you will have time to try them.

Sylvia said...

Gorgeous card, Glenda! Absolutely fabulous, I am pinning this, I am warning you now!! LOL! have a wonderful day!

Carla S. said...

This is stunning, Glenda! I love that embossing folder and the purple looks gorgeous with it!

craftieodmae said...

jaw dropping gorgeous!!!!

Broni said...

Wow! Just WOW!!

Patty Sue 2 said...

This is so beautiful! Your cards are so elegant...can I come and play with you? LOL!

Lisa said...

so beautiful and elegant Glenda!

Wendy said...

This is just stunning. I find at this time of year, I can't get enough of anything floral. Maybe because my days have been comprised of keeping the wood stove going downstairs so that the pipes don't freeze! Looking forward to spring--but you're keeping me going for now with the florals!
Just had another catch up from the last week or so. I loved your memories of wash day!!
Happy Sunday. Hope today's restful!!

Nan G said...

Love this! Ooh there goes my craft sale money - must add this folder to my order from Joan's!

Michele Kovack said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love the peek of purple underneath to tie it all together!

Cibele Glazer said...

Glenda, this is simply stunning! I love the purple peeking through. What a fabulous embossing folder and I loved the way you used it!!!

Janine said...

OMG!!! GORGEOUS!!!

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Glenda,

What a beautiful card. You knock my socks off with your creativity!!

Hop on over to my blog - there's something there for you!!!

Hugs,
Kay

Janett said...

Very pretty Glinda. Love the folder

Mieke'S said...

Beautiful card!
Greetings Mieke'S