Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Another Heartfelt Creations Wednesday...

Good morning everyone!  This morning we are continuing on with the Wildwood Cottage Collection from Heartfelt Creations.  I am sharing a foldout mini album that I just love and I hope you like it as well. I took lots of photos so you could get a good look at some of the beautiful papers included in this collection. These flip fold albums are an amazing tool and make quick work of an album.  They make wonderful gifts as well.















Heartfelt Creations Products Used and Products Found in their shop:
HCPC-3769 Wildwood Florals Cling Stamps
HCD1-7125 Wildwood Florals Die
HCPC-3772 Wildwood Cottage Accents Cling Stamps
HCD1-7128 Wildwood Cottage Accents Die
HCFP3-439-1 Pocket and Flipfold  Inserts E-Black
HCD1-779 Regal Borders and Pockets Die
HCDP1-274 Wildwood Cottage Paper Collection
HCD1-778 Fluer Borders and Pockets Die
HCD1-780 Ornate Borders & Pockets Die
HCD1-7121 Elegant Border Basics Die
HCD1-7120 Fleur Border Basics Die
HCPC-3644 Birds and Blooms Cling Stamps
HCD1-756 Birds and Blooms Die
HCPC-3770 Wildwood Cottage Darlings Cling Stamps
HCD1-7126 Wildwood Cottage Darlings Die
#85 Crystal Art Glitter
HCST1-401 Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit
Lettuce Entertain You Prills
Rich Cocoa and Bamboo Leaves Memento Ink

Other Supplies:  Canson Watercolor Paper, Scor Tape, Hot Glue Gun, Bling on a String, Distress Inks in Frayed Burlap, Chipped Sapphire, Victorian Velvet, Tumbled Glass, Faded Jeans, Barn Door, Tattered Rose, Antique Linen, Tea Die, Magnets, metallic String, Black Cardstock, Dimensional Tape

Instructions:
Size of my album is 6 1/4 X 8 1/2.
You might like to watch this video with Emma Lou on working with the Flipfold Inserts  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxX94X84kUo .

I decided on the Flipfold Insert I wanted to use and thought about the way I wanted it to come together.  I began by deciding where I wanted the magnets to hold it closed and glued the magnets down using the Designer Dries Clear Glue. I cut the two pieces of the paper collection to fit the top of the Flipfold and then used the dies to cut the paper so it matched the scallops in the piece.  Next cover all the areas inside and out of all the folds and then I began to add the waterfall pages to the album.  I used two rows of Scor-Tape to each one because I wanted that to be strong so they could withstand a lot of use.  I did not do a lot of decorating on the waterfall because I didn’t want the extra thickness and I also wanted to leave it for photos and journaling.  I did find there is a lot of real estate in a small foot print.  I made pockets for the inside of the front panels using black cardstock and the Fleur Borders and Pockets Die then I made tags to fit in them. One of the tags has a place to tie a string so I used the metallic string for that. The final decorating done on the inside of the card is on the front of the fold down page and I made a pocket there and used the Border Basics Dies to add more interest.  I also used the bling on a string to add some interest.  I also cut out a tag from the paper collection and glued it to the pocket.  I made a large tag for the pocket and used the Ornate Borders and Pockets die to top it off. I also glued some bling on a string down the left side of the tag.  Now that the inside of the album is finished it is time to decorate the outside. I stamped, cut out and colored the cute little darling, fence, flowers, leaves and those adorable birds using watercolor paper. Everything is colored with Memento ink and Distress Inks and a brush.  Once dry I added some glitter to to the fairy wings. I used dimensional tape behind the birds to make them look fat and then I added glitter here and there just for some interest.  Shape the flowers and add the prills to the centers.   Arrange everything the way you like it and glue it all down.  The album is ready to go.

11 comments:

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

This is so beautiful. Pretty papers and I like the glitter here and there. Thanks for the video forward. Long ago I did one but have no clue today ! I seem to like the pocket idea lately. A bright sunny morning here and I feel energized !~ Have a lovely week Glenda.

Rajni Chawla said...

This is so beautiful!!

craftieodmae said...

You did an amazing job on this beauty!!!

Darlene said...

This is absolutely beautiful! What a magical little treasure! Awesome job my friend ... WOW!

Sylvia said...

What a beautiful mini album, Glenda, those pages are so sweet! Happy Thursday.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh. My. Gosh. That is so amazing! I know how you love to make the albums, and this design is a nice way to get one done in a relatively short time. The papers and dies make it extra fabulous. Ohhhhhhh, love those dies! I'm going to have to go look... Have a happy day, Glenda!

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Glenda,
What a beautiful card! The detail in which you put into your designs is mind-blowing! Everything flows well together and I love your selection of papers.

Sorry it's been a while since I've been by. I honestly can't wait until I retire and I keep running my numbers and unfortunately they keep coming up with the same time frame!!

Hugs,
Kay

SussiPoppins said...

Hi, beautiful fold out card...love it! hugs

DottyA Cards & Things said...

Wow!!! You out did yourself with this Lovely creation.....
I just love all the folds and turns it takes.... this is a great gift idea!!!

nimblefingers said...

Beautiful Glenda. You have really used the papers to their best advantage and made a stunning creation x

Lola's Creative Memories said...

Exquisite card Glenda! The detail of the work and your explanations are wonderful. The papers are gorgeous and really are shown off beautifully. I wish I had your patience to do such beautiful work. Thank you for sharing it with us.