Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Welcome to Heartfelt Creations Wednesday...


Good morning everyone!  Welcome to Heartfelt Creations Wednesday!  As a design team member we are asked to submit an altered item each month to show the versatility of the stamps.  This month my project is a tussy mussy.  Originally these were very small bunches of flowers that ladies carried to overcome some of the odours they came in contact with.  Later the bunch of flowers was placed in a  silver vase like cone; but still small.   My take on this is a little larger just for display purposes.

Heartfelt Products Used:  HCPC 3407 Botanical Floral 2 PreCut Set and HCPC 3405 Leaf Medley PreCut Set

Other Supplies:  Designer paper, lace, Scor-Tape, hot glue gun, Ranger Distress Ink, shimmer spray, string of pearls, shear fabric, rubber band

I made a paper cone out of the designer paper.  I used my hot glue gun to adhere lace to the top edge of the cone and to wind it around the cone down to the base.  Stamp, cut out and shape flowers.  I used distress inks to add some color to my petals.  Stamp, cut out and shape the leaves.  Next I sprayed the leaves with shimmer spray.  Once dry, I hot glued this and the flowers to the lace to make a gathering of flowers.  Glue the string of pearls around the lace at the top of the cone and make a hanger by gluing these pearls to the inside of the cone.  I gathered the fabric with my fingers and then used a rubber band to hold together.  I placed this down in the top of the cone.

Now you can go the the Heartfelt Creations blog by clicking on this link.  You can see my creations for this week as well as the rest of the design teams lovely creations.  You will also find all products used and the instructions for each project.  You will find a wealth of ideas to keep your little fingers occupied for a couple of days!  You can also visit the design team members individual blogs by clicking on their names on the right hand side of by blog.  Look around, leave a little comment; we all love hearing from you! 

Well that about does it for me this morning.  Have a wonderful day and you know the drill....."Breathe"!

23 comments:

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

I do love the way you have done these flowers magpie very pretty indeed and thanks for you lovely comments on my WOYWW post, God bless, Shaz in oz.x

Neet said...

Oh Glenda - this is so pretty - a real eye catcher as soon as you enter your blog. No wonder you are on the Design Team.
Thanks for sharing and may I wish you and yours a Happy, Healthy 2012 - Hugs, Neet #1

craftieodmae said...

another jaw dropping beauty! those flowers look so real........

Janett said...

Very beautiful. Love the way you did the center of the flowers, it really makes them pop.

Carla S. said...

This is a stunning project, Glenda! You did an amazing job with the whole design, especially the flowers!

Lisa Lynne said...

Glenda, you've outdone yourself! This is just gorgeous!!!! I think a bride should be carrying this down the aisle. Beautiful, beautiful.

The Other Patti Sue said...

You've really outdone yourself on this one GF.... GORGEOUS!

Carol Hurlock said...

This is outstanding Glenda. I have visions of Vintage Victorian flower messages in my head while gazing upon this exquisite tussie mussie. Wouldn't this look absolutely divine on a vanity next to perfume bottles and a vintage hair brush set. Love it.

Sylvia said...

Gorgeous cone, Glenda! I love the flowers you created here! Have a wonderful day!

Candy's Creations Blog said...

Gorgeous! I just love tussie mussies. I so like your style Glenda!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my! This one is beautiful! Any refined lady would be happy to carry this. They make such beautiful decorations for the home these days. Just love those flowers and the lace!

Selma said...

Glenda this is so gorgeous. I love the lace and your flowers look like porcelain. Really fabulous!

Angelica Turner said...

Glenda, this is gorgeous and elegant. I absolutely love the flowers.

The Rubber Maid said...

Totally lovely. would make for a great bridesmaid type flower thingy. Pat

Unknown said...

Beautiful project. Love the flowers and lace. Stunning!

Jani
papercompulsions.blogspot.com

A Consuming Passion said...

Just beautiful Glenda!!!! Happy New Year my friend.

Cibele Glazer said...

Simply Gorgeous! I love your color choice and the flowers are fabulous! The lace adds the perfect touch to this project.

Joyce across the Pond said...

As another poster says 'jaw dropping' - yes indeed....I've made a few of these but none as good looking as this...wonderful...

Patty Sue 2 said...

This is lovely....can I steal this idea for table decorations at church for Valentines? I think these would look lovely laying on the table! You rock!

Caroline D. said...

This is just beautiful!! The flowers look so real... I'd have to touch them in person to make sure! Any one receiving a treat in one would surely be pleased!! I would!!!!

Beate said...

Wow! Your paper cone looks gorgeous with your beautiful flowers.
Hugs and smiles

Andrea Ewen said...

How beautifully elegant, Glenda! Gorgeous lace and stunning flowers!

Julie Koerber said...

Goodness Gracious Glenda... this is a head turner of a project! WOW.. just beautifully done!