Monday, April 1, 2019

Red Bud Winter....

Good morning everyone!  It is a chilly Monday morning here in East Tennessee.  We are under a freeze warning and the temps are steadily dropping!  Here in the South, after Spring begins, we experience "little winters" where the temps drop and there is once again a chill in the air.  There is Red Bud Winter, which this is, and Dogwood Winter, and Blackberry Winter.  Now these little winters are when these trees are in bloom.  Then there is Whippoorwill Winter (I'm not sure if this is the correct spelling but it is for the bird).  And I can't remember when this one is.  My grandmother often spoke of these winters and she would tell us about them.  So Red Bud Winter it is this morning!

I'm still working on my cards for Easter and this easel card is inspired by Kathy Clement.  You can follow this link for many of her creations.  



I only have a couple of Easter cards to go and I will be finished.  These little doves and Dogwood blossoms have been a big help in my creations!

Well this does it for me this morning.  Oh I just realized it's April 1st. Happy April Fools Day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful card Glenda. Love the dogwoods. I enjoyed reading about the different winters down south.

Selma

Leslie Miller said...

Your different "winters" sound like such a charming southern thing. Or a country thing. Either way, it's very endearing. A beautiful card today, Glenda. I've sure been enjoying seeing more of your cards and I imagine you've been enjoying making them. This bird is so pretty! I think I made my last Easter card today.

Darlene said...

GORGEOUS! Those dogwood blossoms look so real!! We had them sprinkled all through our pasture fields when I was growing up and for some reason I was drawn to those trees ... they are so delicate & beautiful!!