Monday, April 8, 2019

Sunny Sunflowers.....

Good morning friends!  It's raining again this Monday morning and it has rained most of the weekend!  Now I know it is Spring and these are "Spring" showers but when I look out my window, all I see is weeds growing in my yard.  It's past the Daffodils and before the Iris blooming so I have room for some sunny sunflowers! 

When I was a child, I was in a school play cast as a sunny sunflower!  My talented Mom sewed me a green crepe paper dress and cut yellow poster board in the shape of a sunflower with a place for my face to shine through.  That was the hi-light of the 6th. grade for me!  Well, this morning there are sunflowers in the house!  I love these flowers and find making them always cheers me up and makes me smile.


At least the sun is shining here!  These will be used on a project I have brewing in my brain!  Stay tuned...

3 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

These HC sunflowers are some of the prettiest ever made! The rain has been incessant here, too. I have so many things to do outside and was hoping to get the garden in order before we start traveling. However, landslides, flooding, and snow are the order of the day, which means we can hardly get off the coast. We'll just bide our time. Your flowers are a beautiful bright spot of sunshine in my day!

Donna Heber said...

It has been raining a lot here too. I can’t wait to see what you do with those pretty sunflowers!

Patricia Manhire said...

Beautiful sunflowers!!!