Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Inspiration Wednesday with Heartfelt Creations

Good morning friends!  I'm here this morning sharing another card I made using the Heartfelt Creations Cherry Blossom Retreat Collection.  It has become a favorite with the sweet little birds and the Cherry Blossoms and It will be used with much love in my craft room!  There is just something about these sweet little blue birds with their rosy bellies that makes me smile!






Other Products: White Cardstock, Dimensional Tape, Sizzix Vagabond 2
For more tips on creating with the Cherry Blossom Retreat collection, watch the tutorial at https://youtu.be/OaA2da5H-E0.
Instructions: My card size is 4 1/4 x 5 1/2". Make card base and cover it with a piece of the paper collection.
Using white cardstock cut out the Lacy Diamond Die. Cut a coordinating piece of cardstock to fit the center of the diamond and glue it to the back. Glue this piece down onto the card front.
Stamp the limb onto white cardstock using Jet Black Archival Ink. Use the Dove Blender Pen and ink to color this piece. Glue to the center of the diamond medallion and set the card aside.
Stamp, color and cut out the flower petals, leaves and little birds using coordinating stamps and dies. I used Magenta Hue Archival ink to stamp the flower petals. I stamped the little birds using Jet Black Archival Ink and then colored with ink and the Dove Blender Pen. When I did the bellies of the little birds I used the fantastix and the Magenta Hue ink to color. Layer the birds, leaves and flower petals into the mold, spritz with water and run through the Vagabond 2 then lay aside to dry. When dry layer the flower petals and add the Prills to the centers. Add glitter and set aside to dry. Glitter the little birds and set aside to dry. Once everything is dry, decide on the placement and glue to card front.
Find a sentiment on the paper collection and cut out. Layer with dimensional tape and adhere to card front. Glue a leaf and a little bird to the corner of the sentiment and the card is finished.






6 comments:

Darlene said...

BEAUTIFUL (as always!) I love these little birds! I'm working on some pop up box cards for an upcoming show and these pretty little flowers and adorable birds are working beautifully as the embellishments! Thanks for always inspiring me! Have a great week ahead!

craftieodmae said...

Absolutely Gorgeous!!

Robin Clendenning said...

So sweet Glenda! Beautiful!

Leslie Miller said...

I adore the sweet little birds and pretty cherry blossoms! Gorgeous die, too, and nice with the plaid in the center. It's an easy to mail card, too, and that's always a big plus!

Rita said...

Oh my word Glenda. This looks so beautiful. I do love cherry blossom but sadly it doesn't last long. Hope you're well. Hugs Rita xxx

Jan's Paper Flowers said...

Just love your sweet little birdies and your beautiful cherry blossoms Glenda!