Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Heartfelt Creations....Filigree Noel...

Today is my final post as a Heartfelt Creations Designer. I find I'm struggling to have words to express my feelings about this like many other design team members.  I began my journey with Heartfelt Creations in 2011 and through the years I always felt like I had come home.  Their products were just perfect for my style of crafting and they were always so very generous with me!  They are definitely a class act and they will be missed!  Now what do I do with myself on Wednesdays?

My card this morning is using the Holiday Ornament collection and you can find my card in the Heartfelt Creations Gallery here.


My finished card size is 4 1/4" X 5 1/2".  Make card base and cover with a piece of Sheet 3B of the paper collection.  Set Aside.

Using various dies from the Rectangle Fillagree Die set cut out of the Flower Shaping paper and also out of the Luxe Gold Cardstock.  Glue the larger die cut to the card front and then cut another shape from the set using a piece of Sheet 9B of the paper collection and glue that to the inside of the larger piece.  Next cut two pieces of the next smallest die using white and gold cardstock then glue together with the gold piece showing through from the back. Glue this to the card front.  

Stamp the ornament onto watercolor paper using Memento Bamboo Leaves ink and then emboss with gold embossing powder.  Use the Zig markers and the waterbrush to color the ornament and allow to dry. Die cut with coordinating die.   Use 3D Crystal Lacquer to cover the ornament and give it a pretty shine.  Allow this to dry.

Cut a piece of white ribbon and tie a bow and make a hanger to hold the ornament.  Hot glue to hold into place.  The card is finished.

4 comments:

Patricia Manhire said...

So beautiful!! I have enjoyed working alongside of you for the past few years and I will miss you popping by my blog with your lovely comments. Thank you so much and all the best for your new adventures.

Jan's Paper Flowers said...

Another gorgeous card my friend! It's been an honor to be on the Design Team with you and I'm grateful for our friendship. I look forward to seeing all of your beautiful creations in the future!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, Glenda, I'm so sorry you're losing your anchor of many years. I have always associated you with Heartfelt and I understand how their products define your crafting style. You can just keep right on as I know you must be well stocked with their dies, stamps and papers. They will never grow old. Today's card represents that timelessness. A beautiful ornament which appears rather vintage, backed by fun dies and festive papers. Keep making your gorgeous cards and I'll keep right on loving them!

Monia - Monika Jakubowska said...

What a gorgeous card my friend. It has been an honor being on this design team with you, thank you for everything and good luck :)