Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Introducing the Ornate Peacock Collection from Heartfelt Creations...

Good morning everyone and welcome to my blog!  I'm here this morning to share a card I made using the brand new Ornate Peacock Collection.  You can find my card in the Heartfelt Creations Gallery along with all the details for making one of your own!


My finished card is 5" X 7".  Cut a piece of cardstock 7" X 10" and score at 5" to make card base.  Cover with a piece of Sheet 6B of the paper collection.  

Using the largest die in the Rectangle Filigree Frame Die, cut two die cuts; one in white and one in gold.  Glue the two together with the white on top of the gold and offset a bit so the gold shows through behind the white piece.  Glue this to the card front and lets focus on the medallion piece.  Cut two of the next size down in the die set, one in gold and one in white.  Glue together with the gold under the white and offset so the gold shows through.  Glue this to the center of the card front.  Cut the next size of the dies using white cardstock and lay inside the embossing folder, spritz with water and run through the die cut machine. Glue this piece to the medallion piece.

Now we are going to work on the peacock.  Stamp with Encore Gold ink onto watercolor paper and sprinkle clear embossing powder over the image.  Use heat gun to set the embossing powder. Using Peacock Feathers Distress ink and a water brush color the peacock.  I colored the flowers and leaves with Zig Clean Color markers.  Cut out with coordinating die and set aside.  Edge the peacock with Archival Night Sky ink.    When it dries, glitter and allow that to dry.  I added Heart of Gold Prills to the centers of the flowers.  Allow to dry.  I used Double Dots to adhere the peacock to the medallion and give some dimension.  


1 comment:

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my word, Glenda, that peacock is so beautiful and your card is the most gorgeous home for him! You had me over at Heartfelt looking, as always. The dies cut so precisely. This one is so detailed. I do have a thing for birds, especially with all these cascading flowers. Wow!