Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Spring is Bursting...

Good morning my friends!  I hope this post finds you well and happy.  My title this morning is "Spring is Bursting".  Here in East Tennessee we have begun the roller coaster of season change...one day it is cold and windy and the next is is a balmy 70 degrees and sunshine.  Daffodils and Hyacinths have begun to bloom and it makes my heart sing to gaze out a window and see these little faces dancing in the wind!

As we continue along with the Spring Garden Collection from Heartfelt Creations, this is my next card.  I hope it makes you smile. 


Products Used:
Spring Garden Paper CollectionHCDP1-2125
Spring Daffodil Cling Stamp SetHCPC-3946
Spring Daffodil DieHCD1-7344
3D Daffodil Shaping MoldHCFB1-496
Fragrant Hyacinth Cling Stamp SetHCPC-3947
Fragrant Hyacinth DieHCD1-7345
3D Hyacinth Shaping MoldHCFB1-497
Floral Shoppe Accents Cling Stamp SetHCPC-3932
Floral Shoppe Accents DieHCD1-7330
Deluxe Flower Shaping KitHCST1-401
Stack and Store Daubers-Pack of 30HCDA2-450
Pastel Bead Stamens-MediumHCS1-457-3
Groove Golf Tool SetDMCT4185
Designer Dries Clear Adhesive159723
Metal Tip for Adhesive Bottles352854
Rajni Chawla's Crystal ClearPGM15015
Lemon Chiffon PrillsANC809
Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Fern GreenRACP962


Other Products: Dandelion Memento Ink, White Cardstock, Purple Cardstock, Die Cutting Machine, Hot Glue Gun, Dimensional Tape

Instructions: My card size is 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". Make card base from white cardstock and set aside. Cut purple cardstock layering piece and cover with a piece of the paper collection. I used sheet #4A. Glue the two pieces together and use dimensional tape to adhere to the card front.

Stamp the flowers using the same color of ink you will use to color them. I used Dandelion for the daffodil, Majestic Violet and Vibrant Fuchsia for the two Hyacinths. Color the centers and use the coordinating dies to cut out. Lay the flowers onto the matching 3d Shaping Molds, spritz with water and run through the die cutting machine. Turn the flowers out onto your desk to dry. Use hot glue to glue, and on the Daffodils, I poked a hole in the center using the Golf Tools and threaded the stamens through. As the Hyacinths come out of the mold, I used the shaping tools to add a bit more dimension. When the Hyacinth flowers are dry, add Prills to the centers and allow it to dry.

Stamp the leaves in Fern Green as well as the Hyacinths and color using Leaf Green. Use the coordinating die to cut out. Using the hot glue gun, glue the Hyacinths to the stamped flowers and then you can decide on the placement of the flowers and leaves and glue them down. The card is finished!

4 comments:

Monia - Monika Jakubowska said...

So beautiful card, love your flowers Glenda :)

Patricia Manhire said...

This is so gorgeous - love all the colours on the flowers!!

Leslie Miller said...

Glenda, forgive me for being so darn slow to get here. I can't remember being this far behind since forever! I'm completely agog over your card! I see it more as an art piece than a card, but how amazing it is! The daffodil and hyacinths blow my mind... and that beautiful die. WOW!

Jan's Paper Flowers said...

Oh yes my friend, this gorgeous card definitely makes me smile! Your beautiful sparkling flowers are perfect and so lifelike! This is my absolute favorite this week.