Monday, May 6, 2019

Lilac Folio.....

Good Monday morning friends!  I just wanted to stop by and say hello and share with you a folio I have made.  I have inspired by Kathy Clement to make these designs and I think she may have created a monster.  These are all I want to make; they pack a punch and hold so much and can make a gift in itself!  So wherever you are this morning Kathy, thank you for being an inspiration!


I used Lush Lilac paper from Heartfelt Creations and made a large medallion to go on the front using a pretty 3D embossing folder and the sweet birdcage sprinkled with lilac blossoms!  The pretty paper does a lot of the heavy lifting on this folio and the paper itself reminds me of my grandmother.  She had a huge lilac bush in her yard and that was one of the flowers we were allowed to pick each Spring!  Such lovely memories of long ago. 


The inside has a waterfall on one side with lots of space for photos if you like and on the other side a pocket filled with tags, a tea bag and a honey stick.  The tea bag had an orange cover on it so I cut a piece of the paper and glued it to the front so it would match the paper.  I love the watering can filled with lilacs and a sweet little dragonfly flitting along beside.

Well this will do it for me this morning.  I will be back each Monday to share more with you and of course on Wednesday for Inspiration Wednesday with Heartfelt Creations and WOYWW!  Hope you have a great week planned and that your weather is good wherever you are!

3 comments:

DottyA Cards & Things said...

OMG!!! This is So,so pretty.... Love Lilac and you captured it perfectly! Then the inside is just perfect too!! And that Honey stick is such a lovely idea...
as always WELL DONE!!

Leslie Miller said...

I'm sure enjoying your Monday posts, Glenda, and these little folios are the prettiest things! You can make as many of them as you want to! I think they make the most lovely gifts. Gosh, just line them up and have your friends over for tea and let them choose. How fun!

Darlene said...

OMG this is just amazing and absolutely beautiful! Of course I love the color/theme and I agree ... Kathy is amazingly creative! (but of course so are you in my book!@!!) What a stunning project ... just LOVE it!! Well done!