Monday, November 27, 2023

Christmas Blessings...

Good morning my friends....Let Christmas Begin!  My tree is up and shimmering, the wreath is on the door, my mantlel is lit and the centerpiece on my island.  That's going to be about it as there will be no shenanigans here other than the ocassional visitor so it's all good.  Just remember, what goes up has to come down too so let's not get carried away! 

I'm here this lovely Monday morning to share another Christmas card I have made and I want to share it over at the Can You Handle the Pressure challenge.

The challenge is Anything Goes Embossing with a Twist of Christmas.  My card size is 4 1/4 X 5 1/2 and it is a tent fold.  I have used an Anna Griffin embossing folder called Snowfall and the card starts out as white on white.  So I decided to add a pop of festive color to help it along.  


Recently I re-discovered my old, old Spellbinders dies and I have been playing with them here and there.  I love the look of embossing on the cardstock!  You can see it better on the first picture.  I made a red base for my sentiment which is an old, old Stampin-Up stamp.  I seem to use it every Christmas so it has seen some love!  The little bits of greenery and berries are from Heartfelt Creations Festive Berry and Birds stamps and dies and I watercolored them using my watercolor pencils.  

I do hope you enjoy my card and come play along in the challenge here.


3 comments:

Darlene said...

Oh Glenda ... I'm so glad you came to share this beauty ... simply awesome & lovely design! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Can You Handle the Pressure challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at CYHTP Embossing Folder Challenge.

Leslie Miller said...

I'm behind again -- what's new? You're much more ready for Christmas than I am. I'm still mailing Christmas cards and even have a few more to make yet. This year, sheesh. Gorgeous card for this challenge. Such a beautiful embossed background and the perfect holly. I saw that you were the top winner with this fabulous card. Congratulations!