Friday, November 10, 2023

More Cards For The Nursing Home Patients....

In order to keep my creative juices flowing I have been making cards with intentions of sending them to the Nursing Home (Beverly Park Place) in Knoxville, TN.  The sweet activities director spends time helping patients address and sign the cards for loved ones.  Also these cards are meant to sit on a window sill or table in the patients room for them to enjoy.  I try to keep them colorful and bright.


I used Heartfelt Creations Burst of Spring Collection papers because my craft room is running over with these paper pads from when I was on the design team.  

I've also been trying my hand at making wax seals and then inking the images to make them pop.  

Here you can see the inside mechanics that allow the card to stand on it's on.  This is not my idea but honestly I cannot tell you where I saw this idea.  Very clever don't you think?


I used the gold pen on this one but I think next time I will do silver.  The color of the wax tells you which color to use.  So far my preference has been silver.

Well that does it for me today.  The weekend is almost here so enjoy!


2 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

These papers are beautiful and the wax seals make a nice focal point. Love the neat stand on their own trick. I admire this endeavor for the nursing home residents. Good work, Glenda!

Volt Slot said...

Brilliantly expressed! Your post is a standout, offering insightful perspectives. Thanks for sharing your wisdom.