Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Inspiration Wednesday with Heartfelt Creations...

Good morning my friends and welcome to this Inspiration Wednesday from Heartfelt Creations.  I'm here this morning to share another card I have made using the Wild Aster flowers.  I love this flower and I use it quite a bit because it is so easy to shape and make!  You can find my card in the Heartfelt Creations Gallery


My finished card size is 3 3/4" X 7".  Make card base and set aside while we work on the elements.  

Cut a piece of white cardstock 3 1/2" X 6 3/4".  Use one of the oval dies and cut an opening in the cardstock.  I just eye balled this.  I used the embossing folder at this point and set it aside.  Using green cardstock cut a piece about 3 1/4" X 6"  and cut a smaller oval in it.  Position the green piece behind the white embossed piece making sure it is even in the opening and glue down.  I chose a piece of the paper collection and cut a piece to lay behind the opening.  Glue this down.  Wrap a piece of ribbon around the bottom of the card panel and use Scor-Tape to adhere to the back of the panel.  Cut out one of the tags from the paper collection and using dimensional tape, adhere to the panel over the ribbon.  Glue this panel to the card front.

Now we are going to work on the flowers.  Stamp the flowers onto Deluxe Flower Shaping Paper using Magenta Hue ink. Color these petals with Magenta Hue as well.  Use coordinating dies to cut out the flower petals.  Stamp the leaves using Fern Green and color with Leaf Green ink.  Cut out using coordinating dies.  Edge the leaves with Olive ink to give dimension to them. I used Stack and Store Daubers to add color to the flowers and leaves. Shape the leaves a bit using the Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit and then brush on Glossy Accents and set aside to dry.  Shape the flowers using the Deluxe Flower Shaping kit and then hot glue two petals together being careful to offset the petals.  Add the Lemon Chiffon Prills to the centers of the flowers and set aside to dry.  Once dry, use Hydra Sponges and Dries Clear Adhesive to add glitter to the flower petals and then set aside to dry.  Once everything is dry decide on placement and hot glue to the card front.   

3 comments:

Darlene said...

Absolutely beautiful creation Glenda! LOVE the embossed background and those flowers are amazing (no surprise there!). Please feel free to share this beauty with us over on our CAN YOU HANDLE THE PRESSURE CHALLENGE. Although not required, it also fits the twist theme which is Green! Beautiful inspiration my friend ... thanks so much and so glad to see you back to crafting ... you must be healing well and that makes me happy! Hugs

Monia - Monika Jakubowska said...

Beautiful, elegant card, I love your flowers :)

Leslie Miller said...

Oh my! This might be a favorite, especially with the embossing. Wow, Glenda!