Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Debuting the Festive Poinsettia Collection from Heartfelt Creations...

Good morning friends and welcome to the Festive Poinsettia Collection!  I know it has been a long wait but here it is!



My finished card size is 5” X 7”.  Make card base and cover with a piece of the Festive Poinsettia paper collection.  I used sheet 1B of the collection for this.  Set this aside while you do the die cutting.  

Using the Luxe Silver Cardstock die cut the the Palace Gateway Die and the Window Hinge die.  Glue down the Palace Gateway die to the card front.  I cut the hinges in two and used it as accent pieces and glue them down as well.

Stamp the Large Poinsettia leaves with Sap Green ink and cut out with coordinating die.  I used Stack and Store Daubers to color the leaves with Lady Bug and Leaf Green inks.  Lay onto the coordinating mold and spritz with water then run through the die cut machine.  Lay out onto the desk to dry.  At this point I used the Flower Shaping tools to add a bit more shape to the stamen.  When dry I used a hot glue gun to glue together two of the flowers and the stamen in the center.  Add glitter to the petals and allow to dry.  Use hot glue gun to add a few Prills to the center of the stamen to give it a full look.

Stamp the Holly leaves and the Holly Berry Spray using Leaf Green ink and color with Leaf Green ink. Cut out with coordinating dies.  I then edged the leaves with Olive ink.  Lay the Holly leaves onto coordinating mold, spritz with water and run through the die cut machine.  Using the Flower Shaping Tools add a bit of shape to the Holly Berry Spray. 
 
Decide on placement of pieces and use hot glue to adhere to card front.

For the products used on this card follow the the link:   Products


3 comments:

Jan's Paper Flowers said...

This is absolutely stunning my friend! I love how you colored your beautiful poinsettia!

Leslie Miller said...

You have a way of making my jaw drop open, Glenda! It's hard to believe that's a handmade poinsettia. It's absolutely gorgeous, and especially lovely with the extra foliage and the Gateway die and music paper. Beautiful colors. Just stunning!

Patricia Manhire said...

This is beautiful and I love the colours of your poinsettias!