Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Inspiration Wednesday....Violet Aster Birthday

 Good morning friends. I hope all is well you! I'm here this morning to share another Heartfelt Creatons card with you!  I just love the Wild Aster collection and making these flowers.  So come along with me as I share my card!



Products Used:
Wild Aster Paper CollectionHCDP1-2106
Wild Aster Cling Stamp SetHCPC-3887
Wild Aster DieHCD1-7257
Special Birthday Sentiments Cling Stamp SetHCPC-3843
Royal Elegance Frames DieHCD2-7307
Deluxe Flower Shaping Paper Pack of 50 - WhiteHCPP1-475
Deluxe Flower Shaping KitHCST1-401
Stack and Store Daubers-Pack of 30HCDA2-450
Rose Hip Stamens - LargeHCS1-490
Rajni Chawla's Crystal ClearPGM15015
Minnie Pearls PrillsANC803
Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Majestic VioletRACP494
Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Leaf GreenRACP436
Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Fern GreenRACP962
Double Dots 100pc. -3D Foam CirclesDDOTS

Other Products: White Cardstock, Die Cut Machine, Hot Glue Gun, Dimensional Tape

For more tips on creating with the Wild Aster Collection watch the tutorial at https://youtu.be/1mriCKqh-Ac.

For more ideas on creating with the 5 x 7 Decorative Frame Dies, watch the tutorial at https://youtu.be/qdBFA5VpmSo.

Instructions: My finished card measures 5" x 7". Cut a piece of heavy weight cardstock 7" x 10" and score at 5”. Cover with a piece of the paper collection that has had the edges inked with Majestic Violet. Cut the largest Royal Elegance Frames out of white cardstock. Ink the edges using Majestic Violet ink and add glitter to the edges of the frame. Glue down onto the card front. Pick a coordinating piece of the paper collection and using the next smallest size die cut a purple oval. Using DDots adhere to card front. I took the plain oval die and picked a piece of the paper collection and cut it out. Stamp the sentiment onto the top of the oval and use dimensional tape to adhere to the card front. I also edged this oval with Majestic Violet Ink.

Using the Deluxe Flower Shaping Paper, stamp the flower petals using Majestic Violet Ink. Color the petals with Majestic Violet and cut out using the coordinating dies. Stamp the leaves using Fern Green ink and color using Leaf Green ink. Cut out the leaves using coordinating dies.

I shaped the flower petals and leaves using the Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit. The larger flowers have the Rose Hip Stamens Large covered in Crystal Clear Glitter for the centers. I used hot glue and Minnie Pearl Prills for the two smaller flowers. Decide on placement for the leaves and flowers and using hot glue adhere them to the card front. The Card is finished!

5 comments:

Jan's Paper Flowers said...

I love everything about this card, my friend, and those purple asters take my breath away!

Monia - Monika Jakubowska said...

Beautiful card Glenda, love your flowers and colors :)

Leslie Miller said...

Oooh, all that splendiferous purple! This both beautiful and fun, Glenda. I have all the Delicate Asters collection, but this is a bit different. Very pretty!

Patricia Manhire said...

This is gorgeous - love your purple flowers!

Darlene said...

WOW just STUNNING! Your purple (my favorite) asters are GORGEOUS! Absolutely beautiful design my friend! Happy Day and stay safe! Hugs