Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Debuting the Dazzling Dahllia Collection with Heartfelt Creations

 Good morning my friends.  It's once again Wednesday and my favorite day of the week because I get to spend time with you sharing a creation for Heartfelt Creations.  Today we debut the Dazzling Dahlia Collection and I couldn't be more pleased!  This flower is definitely a statement piece!  




Products Used:
Dazzling Dahlia Paper CollectionHCDP1-2121
Dazzling Dahlia Cling Stamp SetHCPC-3928
Dazzling Dahlia DieHCD1-7323
Dahlia and Leaves Cling Stamp SetHCPC-3929
Dahlia and Leaves DieHCD1-7324
3D Dahlia Shaping MoldHCFB1-494
Ornate Pocket Accents DieHCD1-7214
Courtyard Elegance DieHCD1-7283
Special Birthday Sentiments Cling Stamp SetHCPC-3843
Ornamental Tags DieHCD1-7203
Luxe Gold CardstockHCGP1-488
Deluxe Flower Shaping Paper Pack of 50 - WhiteHCPP1-475
Metal Tip for Adhesive Bottles352854
Designer Dries Clear Adhesive159723
Double Dots 100pc. -3D Foam CirclesDDOTS
Power Outage PrillsANC845
Rajni Chawla's Crystal ClearPGM15015
Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Leaf GreenRACP436

Other Products: White Cardstock, Ranger Glossy Accents, Dimensional Tape, Hot Glue Gun, Die Cut Machine

For more tips on creating with the Dazzling Dahlia Collection watch the tutorial at https://youtu.be/KIIpo2C9oDs.

Instructions: My finished card is 6" x 6". I used the Deluxe Flower Shaping Paper to make the card base because of strength and durability. Cut a piece 6" x 12" and score at 6" to make the card base. Using Sheet 10B of the paper collection cover the card base.

Using Fern Green, stamp the leaves and color using Leaf Green. Cut out with coordinating die, spritz with water and run through the die cut machine inside the mold. Turn out onto desk to dry. I stamped the flower petals using Buttercup ink and also colored with Buttercup. Cut out with coordinating die, spritz with water and run these through the die cut machine inside the mold. Turn these out to dry. At this point I did a bit of shaping the edges of the petals with my fingers. I just pinched them a bit to form a point then set aside to dry.

When everything is dry, hot glue the layers and the center of the flowers I used hot glue to shape and hold the form. Add glitter and allow to dry.

Now cut out the Ornate Pocket Accent die using white cardstock. I added glitter and set aside to dry. Using the luxe gold cardstock cut out the circle using the Courtside Elegance die.

Glue down the white piece and layer the gold over it. I used DDots to adhere the gold layer. Glue the flower and leaves to the center of the card.

Using Leaf Green ink stamp the sentiment onto white cardstock, cut out using one of the dies from the Ornamental Tag dies set. I also edged around this piece with Leaf Green ink. I used dimensional tape. I added the Prills to the little winged creature and covered with Glossy Accents. Allow this to dry. When dry add it to the edge of the sentiment piece and your card is finished.

If you would love to have a bit more inspiration for this flower, just head over to the Heartfelt Creations site and see what the other talented designers have shared.  I know you will love it!

4 comments:

Jan's Paper Flowers said...

Wow, what a gorgeous Dahlia Glenda! It looks like a beautiful ray of sunshine!

Monia - Monika Jakubowska said...

wow, your card is so beautiful, I love your flower :)

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my goodness gracious! How real this flower is! Gorgeous die combo with colors I love. This should be hanging on a wall!

Patricia Manhire said...

Such a beautiful card. Your yellow dahlia is stunning!!