Wednesday, October 30, 2019

WOYWW 543....

Good morning my friends!  Here we are back to Wednesday and this is the day I show  you my work space.  I have to tell you my desk has been like this for a few days, as I just haven't taken the time to come back in here and clear stuff away.  It sits patiently by waiting for me to have the time to spend here.  It seems I have been quite lazy and then for a couple of days I have been busy so I'm hoping today will be different.

So what have you been into?  Show us your space!  We would love you to join us.  Just take a photo of your space and link your blog to Julia's blog and off we go!  All the instructions are on her blog, so it isn't hard at all to  become one of us!


I purchased this Crafters Companion Foilpress machine a month or so ago and I still haven't got it all worked out in my brain but I'm determined that this time I will  make it work.  It seems to be a bit hard to figure out the equation of seconds to die size but I'm getting close.  The foil die that is lying there on the press is a Merry Christmas die with lots of pretty swirls and will be beautiful on a card but so far I just haven't made it work.  Very close  but no cigar!  I did get the Christmas tree to work and made a card with it so I have had some success.  I'm nogt giving up; I'm determined!

Well that is all for me this morning.  I'm off to Julia's to link up and begin my stroll through the participating blogs!

14 comments:

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Morning Glenda, you have more patience than me I now find if I can not do things by hand I give them a wide berth. I've seen amazing cards created with foil presses, really hope you can figure the equations out. Maybe there will be a tutorial online CC are good at that I believe.
Happy WoywW Tracey #3

Sarah Brennan said...

Good luck sorting out the ins and outs of the foiling Glenda. Hope you suss it out soon. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #7

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Well done for taking up the foil machine challenge! I am impressed that you're reading instructions and everything, I tend to dive into things. I've always been a bit headstrong!
Hugs LLJ 6 xx

Diana Taylor said...

I hope you get the foil machine doing what you want soon - it's a fantastic piece of equipment and I love the effects you can get. I often leave things for months before I get round to working out how to use them!
Have a great week,
Diana xx #16

My name is Cindy said...

Hope you get the foil challenge sort4ed out - sounds complicated! I have a Go Press which has only been out once in a year. I thought I would do a lot of foiled christmas cards this year - turns out that window may be closing very soon!! Happy WOYWW Cindy #23

Helen said...

good luck with the foil machine. my space is much the same as last week! Helen #8

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Glenda, these do look like an interesting piece of kit. Hope we get to see more when you master it. Wishing you a very happy woyww and a lovely creative week, Angela x17x

sandra de said...

Wow I haven't even heard of a foil machine ... can't wait to see how it comes out. Well done for persevering
Sandra de

Crafting With Jack said...

At the moment I am resisting all Foil crafts as I am trying to work with what I have, but I hope you figure it out and then we can all learn :) Wishing you a very happy WOYWW for yesterday x

Darlene said...

I have NO DOUBT you'll take comment of this new machine and put out some AMAZING creations using it! And yes, you have the patience of a saint ... me? not so much! LOL Hence no foil machine in my cave! LOL I'm still figuring out these 3D pop up thing-a-mabobs! LOL Can't wait to see the final project! Have a lovely weekend!

Neet said...

If you managed the Christmas tree I have every confidence in you managing the rest of it. Patience (which I don't have in abundance) is the key - good luck.
Hugs, Neet 10 xx

Leslie Miller said...

Well, good luck, Glenda! I'm sure you'll work it all out and then there'll be no stopping you.

glitterandglue said...

Hi Glenda. Now that all sounds very complex to me... I don't think I would have the patience for it. Funny how we have patience for some things and not others... I'm sure your perseverance will pay off!
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #1

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Oh boy Glenda that much maths involved in crafting simply makes my brain freeze over, but we’d love to see the success please! Well done for persevering.
Happy belated WOYWW.
Thanks for sharing, and God bless, Shaz in Oz.x #2

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}