Wednesday, September 11, 2019

What's on Your Workdesk? Week #536....

Good morning my friends!  I'm showing you my work desk this morning as part of a little Wednesday get together of like minded crafters.  We take a photo of our desk and link it to Julia's desk then we can visit each other and have a look around!  It is a lovely idea and lots of fun and has lasted many years since the first WOYWW!  So come join us if you like, we are harmless and very friendly!

My photo was taken yesterday afternoon so there is lots of light reflecting off my glass mat but I do love all the natural light!  I've been working on some kleenex box covers for my neighbors.  Just another idea to use up some more paper.  I think it is breeding when I turn my back...instead of getting smaller the amount seems to be growing.  But I just keep plugging along trying to think of things to use it on.  Most of the papers have long been retired but there are some lovely designs that I have a hard time cutting into, so I take a deep breathe and try to remember that I don't want to be a "hoarder" then I make another project! 

That's it for me this morning; I'm off to visit as many of your desks as I can! Happy WOYWW!

16 comments:

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Glenda, smiling at the comment about paper! I too have lots I keep 'saving for a special project'- silly I agree, I need to get using it up. Love the tissue box, really grabs the attention in that pic. MY desk is by a window, and I must admit, the sunlight glare off the TH mat really irritates me! The only thing I don't like about it. Oh, that and the fact that scalpels mark the glass, and I always work with one! Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #6 X

Neet said...

I recognise the sunflower embellishment. I love that die and have made several of those because they turn out nice (for me) and are relatively easy. A great idea, bet your neighbours love you with all the gifts you make.
Hugs, Neet 1 xx

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Good Morning Glenda ! Loving all the light you get thru that window, it's something I don't have downstairs. You have some fun things displayed, a new glass mat? I've been looking at a few, but just wondered how the glass works out. I too have papers I've not used, and you are right..use them . Having a storm here right now and lights flickering. Have a great day.

Helen said...

I don't need to buy any more paper ever..... but somehow that doesn't work! I've never bothered making tissue box covers but yours does look beautiful. Have a great week. Helen #3

Lillianb said...

HAPPY WOYWDW
What a great idea to use some paper up.

Lilian B # 8

DottyA Cards & Things said...

That part about it multiplying is Oh So True... Mine is doing the same thing. Love that lace border you have laying there!!!!

Caro said...

Loving the light pouring in your window! Your comment about some papers being saved for something special as they are too nice to use made me smile. I think we are all guilty of that. Well done you for making a start on using them. Have a lovely week. With love & God Bless, Caro x (#10)

Claire said...

I've not seen a glass mat before!
Happy WOYWW :)
Claire no. 4

Rita said...

Love your desk Glenda. I love sunflowers. Hugs Rita xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Gorgeous box and the flower die is brilliant, really like it. It is difficult to use up papers that you've saved but like you, I know it's got to be done. Wishing you a happy woyww and a lovely crafty week, Angela x9x

April said...

I love natural light too, but since I craft in my basement I don’t get a lot. Love the Kleenex box with the sunflower. So pretty.
April #18

Leslie Miller said...

Just look at all that fun stuff! You make me want to go straight to my room. The tissue boxes are another good idea for using up paper, and they're so pretty!

Sarah Brennan said...

I know what you mean about paper Glenda. I am of a similar nature. Happy belated WOYWW. Sarah #2

Darlene said...

I too hear ya on the paper mountain issue! LOL Your tissue box cover is awesome! I LOVE making them and have sold MANY at my shows. Going to start making some Christmas/Winter boxes next week when an IL friend comes to visit for a couple of days. Thanks for inspiration with the gorgeous flower accent! Of course my flowers don't look nearly as good as yours but I will have to practice and 'give it a go'! LOL HUGS

Dorlene Durham said...

Love the tissue boxes and a great way to use your stash. I keep telling myself not to buy more until I use what I have, but you know that rarely happens! Have a great week. Dorlene #22

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I believe hoarding art supplies is a danger all crafters and artists can relate too. The tissue box looks lovely, so your neighbors are going to love it. Happy belated WOYWW!