Monday, September 9, 2019

So Much Paper.....So Little Time.....

Good morning friends and happy Monday!  I'm here this morning to share another box of cards I made for someone special.  For some reason I just didn't show the cards that I packed inside but I have been using card fronts from different Heartfelt Creations papers and just adding little embellishments and sometimes just glitter so that the cards can be mailed with a regular postage stamp.  When you consider that the card and envelope have to fit through a 1/4" slot with no snagging along the way, that doesn't leave much room for anything other than the card!  And we all know how much a dimensional card costs to mail.....well it's just crazy!

I made a box to hold the cards and decorated it with wildflowers made using the Tulips from the Tulip Time Collection from Heartfelt Creations.  One thing I love about Heartfelt creations is the fact you cab take one flower and change the shape to make another lovely creation.  These flowers remind me of something that would bloom in the desert!  I love the shape and they don't look like a tullip anymore for sure!


So you take some pretty paper, a few flowers and leaves and some lovely crinkled seam binding and tie it all up with a pretty bow and you have a beautiful gift for family or friends.  My goal is to use papers I have just sitting here.  Lots have already retired but are still beautiful and I want to use them....so much paper.....so little time!

2 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

I hear you about so much paper, so little time. You have a great idea for using it up with a card set, and a beautiful box to go with them! When I was growing up we moved a lot, so I wrote to my friends in other towns and states. Plus, I did the pen pal thing. Remember that? My pen pal was in England. Boxed stationery sets were one of my favorite things in all the world. So pretty, all matched up. I still have one of the boxes from ages ago. It now holds some old letters and keepsakes. So now I love stamping, sigh... Your pretty box is bound to become someone's little treasure chest someday. By the way, those do look like cactus flowers.

DottyA Cards & Things said...

You have the right idea... and such a nice box for your cards too.
Maybe by this time next year you might see the bottom of you pile...:)