Wednesday, June 3, 2015

WOYWW #313

Good morning everyone and welcome to Wednesday and another edition of WOYWW (Whats on Your Workdesk? Wednesday #--).  If you are curious about this just head over to Julia's blog (she is the creator of this blog hop) and she has all the details there!  Come join us, we would love to have you be one of us!


I'm getting ready to make a mini album using the Heartfelt Creations Birds and Blooms  paper collection and I'm making flowers and butterfliles and little blue birds to decorate the various pages of the album!  It's a process of love and I have been busy for a few days doing this because I don't have a lot of time to play.


Each morning a do a little bit as I go through on my way to my life and little by little they are coming right along.  These sweet butterflies are all finished now and ready to go into the container; they have had their glossy accents added and they have been glittered and now they are dry.  Next I will work on finishing the pretty flowers I have cut out, colored and just need to be shaped.  If I was able to work more than a short time I could get these finished straight away.

We have had a whole day of rain showers and my garden is sighing as the roots pull in the wonderful liquid.  Everything already looks more green and lush.  We were getting so dry and I was really beginning to worry that I might start losing plants.  I was watering but I don't think that does much...not like a real shower when the clouds gather and shade the earth and then the rain comes and there are no chemicals in that and it all comes together and gives the plants a wonderful drink.  I am doing my happy dance!

Well that does it for me this morning.  I'm off to visit as many of the participating blogs as I can before I have to move along to other things this morning.  Happy WOYWW everyone!

19 comments:

MrsC.x said...

what a lovely load of butterflies :)
Happy WOYWW
Charlie #1
or find me here
https://craftroomdiary.wordpress.com/2015/06/03/woyww-june-2nd-2015/

MrsC.x said...

Glenda, thank you for your visit i found out about pocket letters from the lady who created the fad on pocketletterpals.com its also where you can find pen pals to swap with :)
charlie x

AnyOldCraft said...

Your butterflies are stunning, love them :) #31

Sue said...

Beautiful butterflies. You know I have never even thought about making my own embellishments for albums, LO, etc. You have inspired me.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Happy WOYWW
Sue #26

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

The butterflies for your mini album are gorgeous with those soft colors. I agree, there is nothing like showers for our gardens. Thanks for your visit and Happy WOYWW! #37

Shoshi said...

Oh Glenda, that is soooo pretty! I can't wait to see your mini album taking shape. Thank you for your lovely comment, and I'm glad you like the idea of my lavender sachets. I'll be working on the kitties in due course but can't spend too much time in the studio atm because energy levels won't permit it, but I can fussy cut on the recliner!

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi #30

craftieodmae said...

Can't wait to see your mini, don't work to hard my friend...........but the veggies will be good when they come in.

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Your butterflies are beautiful. We are in the midst of a pour down, thunder, lightening. We had our 1 day of Bliss yesterday with Sunshine and little winds. I was able to take photos of flowers and do my weeding. Hubby is trying to finish mowing before the storm hits. He had lots of mishaps yesterday to deal with. So we will no doubt travel to the city today ....he likes to be gone when it's a rainy day. And we need groceries !~!~! Happy WOYWW Have fun with the garden and flowers.

Sylvia said...

What a fun desk today, at least a little messy, Glenda! Love your butterflies...don't let the glitter fly away! Have a beautiful, hopefully wet Wednesday!

DottyA Cards & Things said...

Now I'm looking forward to seeing the album for these Beauties!!!!
Oh Yes, the ran has been great here too....

Unknown said...

Making a project like this can be so fun, but yes, surprisingly time consuming. It helps to work on it a bit in the morning and then move on with your day, so tomorrow you'll be fresh again. Happy Wednesday! Sandy Leigh #44

Jac said...

cant wait to see the finished project, a lot of love and care has gone into it, thanks for the snoop

Hugs
Jac x
N0 24

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Glenda, those butterflies are amazing! so iridescent. Totally agree with how the plants seem to thrive on rainwater, as opposed to what we can water on. Have a great week,Hugs, Shaz #9 xx

Beverley Baird said...

Such beautiful butterflies! Can't wait to see where you use them.
Thank you for stopping by my blog.

Happy WOYWW #6

Janie Printz said...

Absolutely gorgeous Glenda... I love using Glossy Acents for glueing things together but I've never used it for what it looks like its intended as a "GLOSSY ACCENT" ... WOW you've opened up a whole new way to craft. What is the powdery stuff around the butterflies. Nothing greens up the garden like a wonderful shower. Can't wait to see the birds & flowers you're making for your mini album.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous butterflies! Rain due here tomorrow but our lawn is already out of control and the wheels on the riding mower keep coming off! It'll be a long summer....
:)

Happy WOYWW!
Mary Anne (2)

Darlene said...

These butterflies are so pretty Glenda! I can't wait to see the finished product. Curious ... what do you do with your albums when they are done? Gifts? or do you make them specifically with someone in mind?
Glad you got the rain you needed ... we did too! And like you, I was starting to get concerned but everything is happy now. Have a fabulous day my friend and keep these wonderful inspiration pieces coming ... I so look forward to coming to visit!!

Leslie Miller said...

I understand about only a little time each morning. That sounds like me. It's amazing what you manage to accomplish in that time, though. Those albums are a lot of work! We're back to sunshine here now, but the garden sure did enjoy its little watering just as you described.

Tertia said...

Those butterflies are just beautiful. It seems to be a general problem, this not having enough time business. I hate it that I haven't been able to visit all my friends at WOYWW for such a long time.
Happy WOYWW!
Tertia #60