Friday, June 12, 2015

Oldie For Friday.....


Good morning everyone and welcome to my little corner of the world.  Come on in and share a cup of your favorite beverage and lets visit a spell!  It's time for Oldie For Friday started by Erica at:  Snappy Crafts.  Just find something you made a while ago and share it with us.  It is a fun way to share some of your favorite projects and it gives people a chance to see how far you have come in your crafting experience!


This card was made awhile ago but I still love the die cuts I used to create the window to the  pretty paper behind.  I just love the blue rose and the way I squished the petals.  I still use that technique today because  I love the character it gives to the rose!  I think it takes the flower to a whole new level!

It has been pretty hot in my part of the world and very little rain!  We have been pushing 90 degrees and when it gets that hot I just wilt!  We always have a bit of a hot spell in June and then July cools back down to seasonal temps.  Here's hoping that is the case this year!

The weekend is upon us and I'm hoping  you have lots of fun plans!  No matter what you wind up doing, take a  moment just for you and "Breathe"!

5 comments:

Sylvia said...

Lovely card, Glenda, I am glad you are showcasing something old, but I don't remember it, so it is like "new" to me! Beautiful...love the flowers as always! Happy Friday!!!!

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Like new is right...love the colors. Your flowers are ALWAYS wonderful. We had 1 in of rain again yesterday, my son in S. Iowa got 4 in 2 hrs, they have a mess in that town. Have a great weekend.

Patricia said...

Brilliant card Glenda, I love everything about it.
Your Rose is beautiful, I love making flowers and that one of yours is a stunner.
We have had really nice weather for 4 days in a row. Wonder how much longer it will last
Have a wonderful weekend
Patricia xx

Erika said...

Good evening Glenda and thank you very much for joining me in sharing an oldie this Friday.
A super card too. Love your use of dies, the butterfly all sparkling and the blue flower is super.
Have a super crafty weekend, hugs Erika. x

Leslie Miller said...

You have always made the prettiest cards, Glenda! I love these "old" shares. Your flower is amazing and I do love the squished petals. It is in my plans to start making flowers like this after I retire. It must be so rewarding!