Wednesday, June 10, 2015

The Sisterhood of Crafters New Challenge - Going Buggy

Good morning everyone and welcome to a brand new challenge over at The Sisterhood of Crafters!  This challenge is "Going Buggy"  Using some kind of bug as the focal point.  Now I'm not usually one to be afraid of bugs because I had a brother; but I'm not especially fond of them for sure!  But I find little ladybugs to be just my style!


I love sunflowers and little ladybugs do too!  I found some sunny yellow paper and used my new Sue Wilson edge die to lay a foundation for these pretty sunflowers from Heartfelt Creations.  The little ladybugs came in the collection and I just love them.  The yellows, greens, oranges and the red of the ladybugs just make me very happy.  Now get busy and create something with a bug as the focal point and then link at The Sisterhood of Crafters. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

I'm entering this in the following challenges:
Always Something Creative...Anything Goes
Crafty Hazelnuts : Anything goes as long as it is patterned paper.
The Sisterhood of Craft: Anything Goes

Supply List:
Sue Wilson Gemini Dies - Pavo
HCPC 3626 Classic Sunflower Precut Set (Heartfelt Creations)
HCD 753 Classic Sunflower Die (Heartfelt Creations)
Homemade Brown Flower Centers
Red Marker
White Card Stock
Ranger Distress Inks (For coloring flowers)
Glue

17 comments:

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Oh, so beautiful, Glenda! I love this color combo...and those flowers are show stoppers! Do you need my address? LOL

Darlene said...

WOW this is beautiful Glenda! LOVE your design and of course your flowers are drop-dead gorgeous! You really rocked this buggy challenge. Hugs and Happy Day!

Sylvia said...

Beautiful sunny card, Glenda, love those sunflowers, the ladybugs of course and that die cut, so lovely! Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Starla said...

Oh!!! This is fabulous!! What a perfect combination! Sunflowers and ladybugs!!!

Marisa Job said...

Another gorgeous creation!! Love the flowers!!

Caroline D. said...

Gorgeous summer sunflowers!!

Sand Lee said...

Those sunflowers almost look real! Great job!!! xx

Patricia said...

Oh! My! Word! What a beautiful, sunny card, love it.
Your Sunflowers are amazing, i feel if I popped my hand in I could actually feel the texture.
Patricia x

craftieodmae said...

Absolutely gorgeous as always!!

Vickie Y said...

Gorgeous card! Love the flowers, border, and those cute lil' ladybugs!

Wendy Ann Batchen said...

Beautiful card, thanks for joining us at Sisters of Craft and good luck. Wendy DT x

Janie Printz said...

Amazing sunflowers so real & beautifully colored you can almost smell them. Love the border & those sweet little ladybugs.

Terri's Cards N More said...

Gorgeous creation, Glenda! Love the flowers and those ladybugs are too stinkin' cute.

Steffi said...

Very special card! Love ist!

Thanks for joining us at ASC-Challenge!

Hugs Steffi

Leslie Miller said...

I love that you chose lady bugs! This is so gorgeous. I just got one of the Sue Wilson Gemini dies, too. They're all spectacular and it was a difficult choice. Love seeing this one in use. Your sunflowers and leaves are beautiful, especially with the centers you created. The whole package is stunning, Glenda!

Diane said...

Stunning card Glenda...wow...love those pretty sunflowers and now I must have that die..thanks..I think..lol!
Diane TSH DT

Starla said...

Love this!! Sunflowers are a favorite of mine and those darling ladybugs are the perfect summer finale!