Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Next to last Christmas Card.....I think!

Good morning everyone!  Hope you are warm and toasty wherever you are!  Several of my blogging buddies are experiencing SNOW where they are.  For us, here in the Tennessee Valley, we did get a little skiff of snow yesterday.  About 1"...and a cold wind along with it!  We are at 15 degrees this morning, which is terribly cold here in the South!  We just might have a White Christmas!  We can only hope.

This morning I want to share another Christmas Card.  I'm thinking this will be my next to last Holiday Card.  It is nearing the time when I have to mail them, so I best get a wiggle on!


I have been seeing these door cards everywhere and I just love the idea.  So I just did some measuring and came up with my own dimensions for the card and then just eye balled the panels and cut them.  Each panel is distressed with Tea Dye Distress Ink.  I used a half pearl colored with my gold Copic Marker for the door knob.  I was drifting on You-Tube and found a video for Ribbon Weaving and that is how I made my wreath on the door.  A few pearls glued to the wreath and it is done and done!  Pretty simple, but I think it has a WOW effect!  I hope you like this and that it gives you an idea of one for yourself!  You could even use an embossing folder to emboss the panels if you wanted. 

I hope you enjoy this and try to make one for yourself.  My finished card is 4 1/4 X 7.  You might want to cut yours down to fit into a legal envelope.  This one isn't going in the mail so I can just tuck it down into a gift bag and go!

Have a wonderful day, and remember to take a little time for yourself!  Just a few minutes out of the day to create, meditate, pray.....it doesn't matter what you do....just spend a little time for you!

10 comments:

craftieodmae said...

I love this, both the door and wreath are jaw dropping gorgeous!!!

DottyA Cards & Things said...

Oh now that's clever.... so simple and at the same time sticking... Cute, Cute, cute!

Broni said...

This definitely has a WOW effect, Glenda! This is gorgeous!! I haven't even seen these wreaths before. Where have I been? And I can't believe you're almost through with your Christmas cards. I'm not even half way yet!

Patty Sue 2 said...

WOW! I can definitely see it! But, all your cards have WOW! I love the door and the wreath is beautiful. Ugh...now the work of mailing them! LOL!

Janine said...

Wow!! How pretty!!

Wendy said...

What a fun card! When this popped up on my blog list this morning with just a small picture, I thought it was a real door. This is just amazing--you are too creative!!
Keep warm down there. I'm crossing my fingers you get your white Christmas. I've always wondered what it must be like to live someplace warm (or what we up here would consider warm, anyway!)and not get snow at Christmas!

Starla said...

WOW, WOW, WOW.

Sylvia said...

Hi Glenda, I am just getting my head back. I have been in a muddle since last week. I love this woven ribbon wreath, such patience you have! It is beautiful!

Selma said...

This is so pretty Glenda. I have seen the woven wreaths before but never tried one. Your door looks so real. Another fabulous card.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my gosh! Love, love, LOVE this one! The way you designed the door makes it look so easy, and the ribbon wreath is truly lovely! What inspiration!