Saturday, August 28, 2010

Autumn Apples......


Good morning everyone....it is Saturday and we have made it to the weekend!  The temps are cooling a little here and you can almost feel Autumn in the air!  Our overnight lows are dipping down into the  60's and most of us are so glad!   My card for today is for Joan's Gardens at: joanscreations.blogspot.com  It is Challenge #12 and it calls for: Striped paper, pearls or brads, piercing and a stamped Fall Image...JustRite if you have them. 

My card doesn't show the piercing very well, but it is there...On the brown layer under the apples.  I'm sorry, sometimes my pictures leave a lot to be desired!  My image is from JustRite and I colored it with Ranger Distress inks.  I'm still learning this process, so please be kind.  the leaves were cut with Spellbinders dies and colored with Ranger Distress ink then I added some Metallic Rub On's.

This card is also being entered in a new challenge site I found:  Crafty Emma's   The Challenge is "Anything Goes". 

I hope you enjoy this!  Have a wonderful weekend and remember to take time to Breathe!

Supplies:
JustRite Stamps
Gina K Designs Card Stock
Ranger Distress Inks
Black Pearls from my stash
Striped paper from my stash
Spellbinders Dies
Martha Stewart Border Punch
Metallic Rub On's

13 comments:

Patty Sue 2 said...

Your card is just beautiful! I love everything you did with it.

Vicky said...

WOW....this card is gorgeous...are you sure you are just learning with the inks, your painting is fabulous, espec your shading!!
Thanks for joining us this week at CES Challenge, good luck.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xx

crafty amy said...

Wow what great techniques I love the embossed leaves :D
Thank you for joining us at CES and good luck.

Hugs

Amy xx

Beate said...

Glenda, your card is gorgeous! Beautiful coloring and layout!
Hugs and smiles

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohhh so PRETTY!

Sue said...

Hi ya
gorgeous card, luv the image, the leaves look fabulous,thank you for joining us on our first challenge at CES, sue,x

Milliesmarvels said...

Fabulous card! I love those leaves! Thanks so much for joining us for the 1st CES challenge!
Jane
x

Julie said...

Super card - those leaves are fantastic - they really make a statement! Thanks for joining in our first challenge at CES! Hugs, Juliexx

Joan Fricker said...

Oh my goodness Grenda, this is absolutely stunning. You leaves are gorgeous and as Julie said, really makes a statment. Your coloring is terrific too.l

Thanks so much for playing Joan's Gardens Weekly
Challenge #12. I love seeing all the beautiful cards/projects.

Joan Fricker said...

Opps, Sorry Glenda! I should have proof read my comment better!!! Honest....I do know how to spell your name. I am so sorry!!!
Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Tara said...

I'm so happy you could join us for the first challenge at CES this week Glenda! Your card is awesome and those leaves are just stunning!
Hugs Tara xx

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, look at this! How pretty! Very warm and rich and really puts me in the mood for Fall! I can smell those apples... Beautiful stamp, and your coloring is great! I'm really loving the leaves, too. Thinking I might need to get some of those leaf dies.

Starla said...

Just GORGEOUS!! I love the leaves (I have this thing for leaves and your's are just lovely!)