Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A little gift........

Good morning all!  Hope you are doing well.  I'm a little late this morning, however, I do have a cute little project to share with you. 








This little shoe is made from a pattern I found at a blog that I visit often.  You can find the pattern here...http://artfulaffirmations.blogspot.com/  Just look down the right hand side of her blog and you will see the tutorial.  Now this is my first try at this and it takes a little playing with (for me) to get everything to fit nicely.  She makes it look so easy.    I used some yellow card stock and ran it through my Cuttlebug with folder for the toe of the shoe.  I also used some Ranger Distress Ink in Spiced Marmalade to add some depth to the pattern.  A little lace and a homemade flower and it is done.  It is the perfect place to tuck some of my favorite laces, ribbon,  and other things I love down into the toe.  Such a nice gift idea. 

Remember guys, this is a first effort so please be kind.  I will be trying this again and hoping it will have a more finished look.  To me, mine looks a little sloppy.  But never fear...I'll keep doing this until I get it right!
I'm thinking one of my friends will get this as a small gift from me.

5 comments:

Dawn B. said...

This is gorgeous.. I love the yellow and the embellishments are perfect.. Great job.

Beate said...

Oh...that's beautiful! Love the dry embossing, the shape, the embellishments....everything about this.
Hugs and smiles

ChristineCreations said...

How elegant! Such beautiful laces and embossing!

Jerri Jimenez said...

Oh my gosh Glenda, this is so adorable, you've done a fantastic job with the design, it's absolutely perfect! I saw the blog you linked a few weeks ago and fell in love with it! The woman is absolutely amazing!

Wendy said...

This is just beautiful. You're so creative!!