Wednesday, June 24, 2015

The Sisterhood of Crafters New Challenge - Wedding Time of Year...

Good morning everyone and welcome to a brand new challenge at The Sisterhood of Crafters!  ("Wedding")  Make a wedding card or project. I did a wedding explosion box!


This was a total labor of love. The wedding colors are navy blue and lavender and it was difficult to find ink colors to match the color of flowers I needed but this was very close.  I made handmade roses and leaves using Heartfelt Creations stamps and dies and Spellbinders Foliage dies. I suspended the silver rings on a wire so they are always standing ready to be viewed.  This is to be a gift containing money for the bride and what better way to celebrate than to pop off the top of this box and be greeted by these pretty flowers and rings.  I'm hoping this will become a keepsake for the bride and that she will have it for many years.



This is a photo close-up of the top of the box.  This light actually shows the color of the flowers better than the others.  They were a pretty lavender color and
The side of the lid had some modeling paste stenciled on to add another touch of  texture.

These boxes take a bit of time but at the end of the day, they are well worth the extra effort!  Now get busy and make a card or project for a wedding and link to: The Sisterhood of Crafters!  I can't wait to see what you make!

My box was inspired by two friends of mine...Olga Jewell and Selma Stevenson. Both these ladies did beautiful explosion boxes that just took my breathe away!

I'm entering my project in the following challenges:
All Crafts Challenge - Anything but a card.
Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes
Not Just Cards Challenge - Always Anything Goes

Supply List:
Navy Blue and White Cardstock
Homemade Modeling Paste
The Crafters Workshop stencil (Mini Birds on a Limb)
Ranger Distress Inks
Heartfelt Creations Botanical Rose stamp
Heartfelt Creations Botanical Wings die
silver rings
suspension wire
hot glue
Spellbinders Foliage and Flourish Trim

17 comments:

I'm a Little Teapot said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!! What a gorgeous project!!!

Sylvia said...

Gorgeous box, Glenda...your flowers are perfect, colors beautiful! Have a wonderful Wednesday!

craftieodmae said...

Oh My Word!!!!!!!!!! How beautiful, those flowers are amazing, so gorgeous!!!!

Darlene said...

Absolutely STUNNING! Love your choice of color on this gorgeous, jaw dropping wedding box! AWESOME job Glenda!!

Patricia said...

Oh! My! Word! Glenda,
Your box is truly amazing. Those flowers are brilliant.
I have just completed a box and matching card. It's for a friend I am meeting a week on Saturday. I will post it on my Blog once I have handed it over.
My flowers are quite similar but I am off to see if I will add a Die Cut to the sides !!!
Thank you for the inspiration.
Patricia xxx

Gloria Stengel said...

My jaw is on the floor! Those flowers are....flower-licious! And the stenciling/die cuts on the box! That is just so pretty! What a lovely project!

Shoshi said...

Oh Glenda, that is gorgeous... what a fabulous keepsake for the bride! I love the subtle backgrounds and the beautiful stencilling. It is sooo, so gorgeous!

Thank you for your lovely comment. Today I am feeling a bit better, and if that is anything to go by, I am hoping to feel well enough during the coming week actually to achieve something before my next treatment a week on Friday! It's been a very rough ride this time and the 2nd treatment completely flattened me!

Shoshi

Selma said...

Glenda this is a gorgeous explosion box. I love your flowers. This will be a keepsake for sure!

Marisa Job said...

This is just beautiful!!! Love it!!!

La Papera Gialla said...

Stunning!
Thanks for entering our Not Just Cards Challenge!
Monica - DT

Terri's Cards N More said...

Oh my goodness, Glenda. What a stunning explosion box. Haven't tried one of these yet. Too intimidated to give it a try. but your work is inspiring.

karenlotty said...

Wowser! My efforts are too ameteurish to even try

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my goodness, this is no ordinary box, but then nothing you make is ever ordinary! Gorgeous flowers. Of course, this will be a keepsake!

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

WOW !! what a lovely treasure.

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Oh, Glenda! I am swooning! Those roses are beyond beautiful! And the die cut birds and branches look like they were embossed into the paper. How stunning, elegant and gorgeous!

Jan's Paper Flowers said...

WOW, WOW, WOW!!! This is absolutely gorgeous!!!

Unknown said...

Wedding radiance!! This box is excellent. You did wonderful work. The flowers are perfect and I really love the colors that you used for this project. I am going to attend a friend’s wedding at the outdoor Lincoln park wedding venues and would love to make this type of box for her.