Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Inspiration Wednesday with Heartfelt Creations...

Good morning friends and welcome to June!  I'm here to share a card I made using the Wild Poppy Collection from Heartfelt Creations.  I love these flowers and you are going to be seeing these featured on my cards a lot! You can find my card shown here in the Heartfelt Creations Gallery 




My finished card is 5" X 7".  Using white cardstock make card base and cover with a piece of sheet 8B of the paper collection.  Set aside while we work on the die cutting.  

Using the large shadow die cut a piece of white cardstock and then using Luxe Gold cardstock cut the large border die.  Glue these two together and glue to card front.  Cut the next die size down using white cardstock and edge with the Poppy  ink.  Use Double D Dots to adhere to card front.  Use the remaining dies in the set and cut 2 of each out of white cardstock and 1 out of gold.  Glue together and layer the gold cardstock off setting just a bit behind the white pieces.  Glue these to the card front.  Stamp the sentiment on the center cut out of white cardstock using Jet Black Ink and use dimensional tape to adhere to the card.

Stamp the Poppy flowers and leaves onto the Deluxe Flower Shaping Paper using Poppy ink and color using Poppy, Tiger Lily and Carnation Red.  The leaves are stamped with Jet Black and cut off the main image to use with these blossoms.  I colored the leaves with Leaf Green Ink.  Use coordinating dies to cut out the flowers and leaves and lay the flowers onto the shaping Mold.  Spritz with water and run through the die cut machine and turn out onto the desk to dry.  Glue two flower petals together and on the larger flower I used one of the small florals to shape and glue down for the center.  On the smaller flowers I did Prills and then all flowers got a ring of Power Outage Prills.  Allow everything to dry and then I used a brush and Glossy Accents and coated the petals and sprinkled with glitter then allowed them to dry.  I did a bit of hand shaping on the leaves and then decided on placement of flowers and leaves and glued everything down.  The card is finished.



3 comments:

Patricia Manhire said...

This is beautiful and your flowers are just stunning!

Leslie Miller said...

Those poppies are amazing! I swear they're real. They tug at my heart. I love your use of the gold under white on the center die, too. It's such a lovely subtle effect to go with the larger gold die. So beautiful!

Monia - Monika Jakubowska said...

Beautiful card Glenda, I love your poppys :)