Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Inspiration Wednesday with Heartfelt Creations

Good morning friends!  I hope this post finds you well.  I'm here on this Wednesday morning to share another Heartfelt Creations card I have made.  It's a fun fold "slide and lock" card and I hope you love it!


It is a gatefold card with a locking medallion piece that slides down over the two gates.  I loved the design when I first saw it and just knew I had to try it.  


This next image is the inside of the card with the gates open.  I just chose a pretty piece of the paper collection to cover this part.  You could add a sentiment here or write a private personal message to the recipient of this card.


Products Used:
Ornate Just for You DieHCD1-7321
Ornate Just for You Cling Stamp SetHCPC-3936
Summer's Garden Paper CollectionHCDP1-2119
Wisteria Petals DieHCD1-7295
Wisteria Petals Cling Stamp SetHCPC-3911
Eyelet Circle & Basics Small DieHCD1-7154
Circle Basics Large DieHCD1-7155
Merry Moments Cling Stamp SetHCPC-3885
Leafy Accents DieHCD1-7193
3D Leafy Accents Shaping MoldHCFB1-467
Deluxe Flower Shaping Paper Pack of 50 - WhiteHCPP1-475
Luxe Silver CardstockHCGP1-493
Deluxe Flower Shaping KitHCST1-401
Stack and Store Daubers-Pack of 30HCDA2-450
Designer Dries Clear Adhesive159723
Metal Tip for Adhesive Bottles352854
Double Dots 100pc. -3D Foam CirclesDDOTS
Heart of Gold PrillsANC804

Other Products: White Cardstock, Die Cut Machine

For more ideas on creating with the Special Sentiments Stamps & Dies, watch the tutorial at https://youtu.be/-dYnAWXIH3E.

For more tips on creating with the Cascading Petals Collection watch the tutorial at https://youtu.be/DqhvfrsTI00.

Instructions: My finished card measures 5 1/2” x 5 7/8”. I used the Flower Shaping Paper to make the card base as well as any other pieces for the card. I found a YouTube video for the card base and the locking medallion and just followed along. You can find one that you like and do the same as there are several videos showing different sizes. You just make a tri fold card and then cut 4 pieces of 4" x 4" cardstock for the locking piece. Score two of the squares at 2" and fold in half. Next you glue these two folded pieces to another one of the squares and then you lay the last square over this and glue it down. This allows the center part of the piece to open sort of like butterfly wings. This is what you slide down over the two front sides of the card to hold it in place (sort of like a modified belly band). I am a visual learner, so the videos are a great help for me to help me understand how something works.

Once you have all the pieces cut and together as well as the base card, it is time to decorate. I covered the two front panels with the paper collection and then I cut a piece for the inside of the card that has a picture on it and glued that into place. You can stamp or write on this panel or if you want you can just leave it as is because it is beautiful.

Cover the locking piece with another piece of the paper collection and set aside to dry. I stamped the sentiment with Cactus Flower ink and used the coordinating die to cut it out. I also used the shadow die to cut the silver cardstock. Glue the two pieces together. I cut an Eyelet Circle out of white Deluxe Flower Shaping Paper and then used a smaller circle die to cut another piece of the pretty paper collection. Glue the two circles together and the sentiment piece glues down onto that. Using Double Dots to pop up the circles, attach the circle to the locking piece.

Stamp the flowers using Cactus Flower ink and cut out using the coordinating die. I hand shaped the petals and glued two together to form the flowers. I added Prills to the centers and then using the sponge daubers I went around the edges of the flowers with Cactus Flower ink to add a bit more interest to them.

Stamp the leaves using Fern Green ink and then color them with Leaf Green ink. Using coordinating die, cut out the leaves. Lay onto the mold and spritz with water then run through the die cut machine. Turn out onto the desk to dry. Once dry, decide on the placement of the flowers and leaves and glue down. The card is finished.


6 comments:

Doreen said...

What a stunning card,both inside and out.xxx

Monia - Monika Jakubowska said...

Beautiful gate card, love your flowers :)

Rita Kegg said...

Could you add the link or name of person on YouTube. I could find one that I thought looked like yours under locking medallion cards. Thanks.

Patricia Manhire said...

This is beautiful!! I love the colours that you have used!

Leslie Miller said...

Ahh, this is gorgeous! Cool fold, and really lovely paper inside. I love your little flowers with the sponged edges. So cute!

Jan's Paper Flowers said...

Wow! I love this fancy fun fold Glenda! You always inspire me!