Wednesday, March 11, 2020

WOYWW #561

Good morning friends!  It has once again rolled around to Wednesday so it is time to share what is on my workdesk. If you would like to participate in this world wide blog hop just head over to Julia's blog and have a look around.   There hasn't been anything very creative happening here for awhile.  I've been doing some much needed cleaning and moving and shuffling stuff around.  I've purged a bit and rearranged some and my desk is actually clean this morning. I do have something new in my craftroom to share with you this morning.


It's kind of large and sort of ugly but I'm in love with my new light box for photography!  I'm always wanting to take photos of my cards and through the years I've used many different things and I struggled to get good lighting for them.  This thing just makes me smile!  I'm sure there are better ones out there, but this one will do a very good job for me and I didn't really want to spend my grocery money to have a good box. 


I just had to share these lovely blooms with you too!  I had several blooming in my yard so I picked these three and put them in my kitchen.  The next morning at 1:30 am I wake up to sneezing, runny nose, watery eyes and general achy body!  I struggled for several hours and then I noticed these lovlies sitting on my countertop and it hit me.  So out they went and after a couple hours I began to feel much better.  Spring has come to East Tennessee and with it comes the pollen!  So the moral of this story is leave these little lovlies outside where they belong and enjoy them from afar!

Well that's it for me this morning.  I'm off to visit as many of you as I can!

17 comments:

sandra de said...

Lovely blooms and I know what you mean about struggling to get clear bright photos. Good luck with the light box and let us know in future posts how it all works. Have a lovely week.
Sandra de @8

Annie said...

I'm like you and can't have daffs in the house so I just enjoy mine through the window.
Hugs,
Annie x #1

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Glenda, Lovely daffodils, I have miniature ones out in the garden, and thats where they'll stay, lol. Actually, it's tree pollen that starts my hay fever off, more so than flowers. Great purchase with the light box, I keep thinking I need one. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #4 X

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

I've always wanted a light box but haven't been able to find any good ones. The one I got was cheap but useless. Hope yours will work better - it certainly looks the business! Have a good week, Glenda! zsuzsa #14

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Glad you found a good light box, always curious on them. And you do post a lot of things with detail. We have no signs of Spring, just wet and muddy. But your flowers are pretty even if from a far. I too can't have indoor flowers.
Enjoy a great week and some creative fun.

Diana Taylor said...

I hope you get lots of use out of your light box - it looks smart and quite easily usable - I used to have one but it sprung up like a tent and could take almost hours to fold back up so I got lazy and stopped using it! I really ought to look for a new one. Hope you have lots of fun with yours,
Have a great week,
Diana x #9

Heather M said...

Hi Glenda, the lightbox does look quite large, but if it does the trick, then it's worth it. Looking forward to seeing how you get on with it. I really cannot take good photographs, I generally leave photography to my hubby, although he has given me a camera so I can take some - hmm wonder if that was his subtle hint! We don't have any spring flowers in our garden yet, but I will be leaving them outside when they put in an appearance. Have a lovely week Heather xx #21

glitterandglue said...

Hi Glenda. Enjoy using your light box. I love daffodils too - and usually have three or four vases spread around the house during February and March. They just make me smile. Sorry you get the sniffles when you have them around, though. They can indeed be quite pungent.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #15

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Lovely flowers Glenda and I think you'll find the light box really useful. Happy creative woyww, Angela x2x

Helen said...

Hope you find your lightbox helpful. I have real trouble with photographing my craft stuff... not that I make a lot really these days. love the daffodils. Helen #12

okienurse said...

I had a Lightbox once but didn't find it did much better then what I had been doing...I think it was photographer error on my part! We have quite a few clumps of daffodils around our yard and I love them but like you I have to leave them outside or I will wish I had. Hope you have a great week Vickie #26

Leslie Miller said...

I'll be looking for lots of lovely photos with your lightbox. It can take as long to get a good photo as it does to make the card. Sometimes longer! Too bad about those darn allergies. My friend reacts severely to certain allergens and she gets so miserable!

Dorlene Durham said...

UGH allergies are horrible. But the flowers are beautiful. I have a similiar lightbox and I love it. It sure does make a difference in my photos. Dorlene #24

Sarah Brennan said...

Lovely blossoms to look at Glenda, sorry they make you feel so bad though. I have a light box too, but it is a bit small for some of my projects so i may be getting something larger. Have fun with yours. Happy belated WOYWW. Sarah #13

Neet said...

I tend to leave my flowers in the garden but I do buy daffs from the shop and have them indoors. Love them, they brighten me up. I suffer with hay fever too but not from flowers (unless they are lillies).
|Talking of bright, I love your photo booth an it has made me wonder about something I have and would it serve the same purpose. Only time will tell.
NHugs, Neet 6 xx

Twiglet said...

What a fab little photo booth - you will find that very useful I am sure. xx Jo

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Sorry for such late visit, Magpie .. 😊 running around quickly to catch up, I hope
So know what you mean in pollen hayfecer etc. Never used to affect me but does now!
Light box is great.. I'm blessed to have a natural outside in courtyard spot fir photos!
Thanks for sharing, and may God bless you.
Hugs, Shaz in Oz.x

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}