Monday, March 23, 2020

Wild Aster Card....

Good morning everyone and welcome to Magpie's Corner.  I am into my second week of Self Isolation or Sheltering in Place or whatever you want to call it.  Thing is, since I've been retired I stay home a lot anyway so this isn't too different for me. Just knowing I shouldn't go makes me want to so I have been making flowers.  This is what I do when I hit a slump or when something is bothering me.  So wherever you find yourself and whatever you are doing during this craziness, please stay safe and well...

 I used the Wild Aster stamps and dies from Heartfelt Creations and lots of glitter.  The white flowers are stamped and embossed with white embossing powder and the blue are stamped with Archival Sky blue and colored with Distress Ink in Weathered wood.  I used the Rounded Lattice Window die in white cardstock against a blue cardstock out of my stash.  And then, of course, lots and lots of glitter!  After all glitter just makes me happy!

So I'm off for my second cup of coffee....enjoy the day and if you find yourself having to self isolate I'm hoping you have lots of hoarded craft supplies to play with.  As for me I can play for a long time with what I have on hand!

3 comments:

scrapdiva77 said...

Glenda, your project is beautiful. You are my favorite HC designer and I've bookmarked a lot of your creations. I too am hunkered down in NJ, working from home and as soon as I finish my month-end work today I will be able to spend time using my HC stash. I have had this set for years and will finally be able to put it to use. Stay safe and I look forward to more of your gorgeous creations.

Darlene said...

Oh my friend this is GORGEOUS! LOVE the dark blue background ... really makes your perfectly made flowers really POP! Yes we too are retired and this is pretty much our norm ... but like you said, it's knowing you CAN'T go out that makes you want to go do something even more!! Hopefully the weather man is correct ... calling for near 60s over the next 7 days so my plan is to get outside and get some fresh air and clean out the flower beds. THAT would be good for my soul! But on those cooler, rainy days, I have PLENTY of crafting goodies to play with ... might even take a day and make flowers like you ... not that they would be nearly as nice as yours but you've certainly inspired me! Stay healthy and safe! This too shall pass if everyone does what they are supposed to do! (unfortunately not everyone is taking this seriously ... scary times) Long Distance HUGS

Leslie Miller said...

You must be using your new light tent because this photo looks amazing, and such a beautiful card really needs an amazing photograph. Wow, Glenda! Soooo pretty! I have these flower stamps and dies -- yay! I'm with you... not much change in our lifestyle. Now and then I feel restricted, but then I ask myself what would I be doing anyway? Looks like we might not get to take our trip in the motor home this spring, but maybe later in the summer and/or fall. We'll do whatever we have to do for the greater good. It's pretty fun to think how I could make cards for a long time without running out of supplies!