Wednesday, February 12, 2020

WOYWW #558....

Good morning my fellow deskers and welcome to my Wednesday post!  I have been absent for a week or so and decided to jump back in today!  If you have a curosity about this just head over to Julia's Blog and have a look around.  Julia is our fearless leader and she allows us to use her blog as home to this Wednesday get together and blog hop!


Not a lot going on here that I can actually show as I am working on a project for publishing later this month.  But I can show you this much for sure.  I've colored some white seam binding with Distress Inks and water to match my project.  You just smear some ink onto the glass mat, spritz with water and drag your seam binding through it.  I always wet my seambinding first and that allowes the color to be more even.  Then I scrunch the seam binding and allow to dry.  And of course some Heartfelt Creations sentiments!  And I almost forgot the little rose petals from Heartfelt Creations.   I use Heartfelt on every project I make.  It's a rule I think! In the background you can see some of the ink pads I'm using on this project.  I color everything with inks...paper, ribbon, flowers.

Well that does it for me this morning!  I'm off to visit along the blog hop!  Have a happy Wednesday and be creative!

13 comments:

Twiglet said...

All ready for action there Glenda. NB - I am an early bird checking desks this week - no Tilly today! xx Jo

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Glenda,Look forward to seeing what you create!Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #1 X

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Oooh interesting! I'm interested to see what you're going to use that seam binding for. You always make such varied things, great crafting!
Hugs LLJ 3 xxx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

I'm looking forward to seeing your finished project Glenda, it wonderful when we have everything that we need to create all from the same company, it will all work beautifully together. Thanks for sharing WoywW Tracey #10

Diana Taylor said...

Ooh it all looks so interesting, I am looking forward to seeing your project.
Have a great week,
Diana x #20

Helen said...

I like the self coloured binding. look forward to seeing the mystery project Helen #2

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hope we get to see the project that's on the go here, looks interesting. Wishing you a lovely happy and creative woyww, Angela x16x

Caro said...

Looking ready for action there - looking forward to seeing your project. Happy WOYWW. I hope you have a lovely week. With love and God bless, Caro xx (#19)

Leslie Miller said...

I thought of you and your seam binding when I was clearing out my ribbons. The shading that occurs when you do this inky method is really pretty! Good luck with your project!

Sandra de said...

Looks like there is something about to happen and looking forward to seeing the end result.
Sandra de #7

Sarah Brennan said...

I like colouring seam binding for projects too Glenda. Look forward to seeing your finished projects when you can safely share them. Happy belated WOYWW. Sarah #8

Neet said...

Love seam binding, coloured with inks to match the project of course, I like that colour you have chosen. Look forward to seeing your lovely project.
Hope your back is not too bad at the moment, and also that I get to monthly visits in the future. A tad expensive fortnightly but better than the pain.
Hugs, Neet xx

Julia Dunnit said...

Great tip about wetting the seam binding first Glenda, thanks! I like the colour you’ve achieved, classy! We cant get Heartfelt over here, but I really like the look of the stamps, reminds me of the quality of UNity, another hard to get here!!