Monday, November 3, 2014

Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge #19....For All You Do...Thank You!

Good morning and welcome to the Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge #19.  Create a "thank you" gift for this challenge.  It can be a Thanksgiving hostess gift or a simple thank you card.  It can be a "thanks for helping me out of a jam" present, or a "thanks for being you" scrapbook layout.  As long as your project says "THANKS," enter the challenge!  We want to see you de-hoard some of your stash and say thanks to someone!  (Your project doesn't have to be Thanksgiving themed!)  You have until Midnight PT on November 16 to enter this challenge, so get busy and show us some "Thank You"!  I can't wait to see what you create!

For my project I did a Thank You Tag.  This can be slipped down inside a gift bag along with a small gift or I've always felt this type of tag can be a stand alone gift!

The old shoe is from My Artistic Adventures and I handmade all the flowers and leaves but one.  I had it in my hoard and decided it was time to use it!  I made the centers of the flowers with half pearls dipped in chunky glitter and I love the way they turned out.  I colored some half beads with a marker to match the shoe and I also colored the beads on the pretty lace.  I just love this image and I will be using it on other projects in the near future!  I stamped the Thank You stamp from Flourishes and cut out using the Tag Die from Heartfelt Creations.  The flowers are also from Heartfelt Creations.  I hope you enjoy this tag as much as I have enjoyed making it!

The sponsor for this Challenge is My Artistic Adventures and the My Artistic Adventures Team is joining us for a blog hop!  What fun! Their names are listed below along with the Craft Hoarders team.  Go visit everyone and leave them some love.  In return you will definitely be inspired!


The lucky winner of this challenge will win a $25 choice of Vintage, Victorian and Shabby Chic inspired Digital Collage Sheets!  How cool is that! 



Bio:
Heather lives in Michigan with her two teenage sons, hubby, and kitties.  She works full time as a RN with Ventilated young adults, and enjoys volunteering with her two son's Boy Scout Troop and Tennis Team.  She loves to create digital collage sheets in the Vintage, Victorian, and Shabby Chic Style.  She will show you blogging tips, paper crafting tutorials, and how to use her digital collage sheets on her Youtube channel.  Heather hosts her own challenge on her blog and designs for Really Reasonable Ribbon, Gecko Galz, and the Creative Cutting Challenge.  

Design Team


Supplies list:
Boot from Heather Hudson - Victorian Chic Victorian Christmas Gift Tag-Money Holder
Digital Collage Sheet.
Tim Holtz Alterations Tag/Bookplate Die (From my stash)
Cuttlebug/Anna Griffin Festive Stripe Embossing Folder
Lace and Trim From my Hoard
Half Pearls From my Hoard
Dimensional Tape
Scor-Tape
Denim Blue Pro Marker for Coloring the Pearls
HCD 732 Decorative Flower Pot Die (Hoarded)
HCD 701 Posy Patch Die (Hoarded)
HCPC 3303 Posy Patch Flowers PreCut set (Hoarded)
HCPC 3318 Daisy Patch Flowers PreCut Set (Hoarded)
Spellbinders Foliage Die (Hoarded)
HCPC 3405 Leaf Medley PreCut Set (Hoarded)
Flourishes Tagline Set (Hoarded)
One Lone Flower From my Hoard

Looking back up at my list, I see that I used a bunch of hoarded items.  Is it a good thing that I used them or does it just scream "Hoarder" to you?

25 comments:

Sylvia said...

I waited for this to come live, Glenda, well worth the wait! Beautiful tag, great dimension, the shoe looks real! Love the colors and those sweet pearl accents on the shoe! Have a wonderful Monday!

Candy's Creations Blog said...

Glenda, this is so beautiful! I love adore the vintage shoe and the pearl buttons. Of course, your flowers coming from the shoe are amazing! I would love to receive this tag, my friend!

2amscrapper said...

Gorgeous! Your handmade flowers are stunning and look beautiful in that boot! I agree, this tag is a gift on its own. Helene

wendipooh13 said...

sooo love this!!!! the pearls up the boots, perfect details!!!

Rita said...

Love your Fabulous Tag. That boot is so beautiful and the flower arrangement is gorgeous. Hugs Rita xx

DonnaMundinger said...

What a gorgeous tag. Definitely could be a "stand alone" gift. Love the embossing and fabulous flowers on that beautiful boot. xxD

Carol Salisbury said...

Very pretty tag! Heather's book looks great with your amazing handmade flowers! Love the buttons on the boot as well!

Heather said...

Love all of your flowers and how you added the pearls to the boot...Beautiful!!
Hugs
Heather

craftieodmae said...

Now that is one gorgoeus card, I love the old shoe!!! And the flowers are always gorgeous!!!

craftieodmae said...

Now that is one gorgoeus card, I love the old shoe!!! And the flowers are always gorgeous!!!

Patricia said...

Beautiful, I love it, the flowers are wonderful and as for that Boot ...... I would LOVE a pair like that.
Hugs

Patricia x

lost coast scrapper said...

Glenda, this is truly stunning..just gorgeous my friend!! xo

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Well, you win the prize for most gorgeous project this time around. Every time I see this luscious tag, I sigh with delight! Every detail is just so perfect. Amazing!

creative lady said...

Glenda, love your tag. Yes this would be a wonderful tag to put in a gift bag....you can send it to me! Love the colors and all the details.

Leslie Miller said...

This just might be one of my favorite tags of yours ever! Love that shoe and the flowers and lace. Oh, what's not to love? This certainly could be a stand-alone gift!

Jackie PN said...

Lovely boot tag!! Love the addition of the pearls!

Selma said...

Oh I am speechless Glenda. This is breathtakingly gorgeous. WOW!

Candy C said...

Glenda....your gift tag is so shabby chic and sweet! I love the Victorian boot! So pretty. <3 Candy

Darlene said...

OH WOW I just LOVE this tag Glenda!! Your flowers are ALWAYS gorgeous but how you positioned them with the lace/pearls and this vintage shoe are FABULOUS! Dang! I want to be like you when I grow up!! So inspiring! Well done my friend!

Lenoria said...

This is gorgeous and I would definitely consider it a gift in itself! I just can't imagine opening a special envelope up and seeing something like this!! Your work is always so wonderful and I love viewing your blog.

Dianne said...

Hello Miss Glenda, wow I'm in loooooove with that boot, with the beautiful pearls, the beautiful background, the gorgeous lace, then your flowers are stunning, you do make some of the most gorgeous flowers, thanks for sharing..

Marisa Job said...

This is so gorgeous!! Love the flowers!!

Becca Cruger said...

Oh wow! This is simply stunning! Your genius mind has done it again!

Gloria Stengel said...

I cannot stop looking at the lovely project. You made that boot seem...filled and dimensional. Those flowers are AMAZING, as always. You need a vacation trip to CA to teach me your tricks!

Unknown said...

I just love the blue boot popping off the white embossed background and overflowing with flowers.
What a stunning creation!