Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Heartfelt Creations...Just For You Sunflower Slimline...

Good morning and welcome my friends.  These new slimline cards are a favorite of mine and I find I want to make this type of card for all occasions! I also adore sunflowers so this new collection just speaks to me and I have used this flower on my card again today!


My card size is 4" X 8 1/2".  Make card base and then cut a piece of blue cardstock 1/8" smaller and glue to card front.  Cut a piece of Sheet 4B smaller than the blue piece of cardstock and glue it down. I added dimensional tape to this piece of the paper collection. 

Cut two Royal Elegance frames, 1 using white cardstock and one using gold cardstock. I also used the Eyelet Oval and Basics Snmall dies to cut out the center of these two.   Layer the white die cut over the gold one and glue so that it is showing a bit behind the white piece.  Diecut a piece of Sheet 4B using an oval and glue it behind the gold and white diecut piece.  Stamp the sentiment onto this using black ink.  Use dimensional tape to adhere to card front.

Stamp the flower petals using Memento Dandelion ink and stamp the leaves using Fern Green ink.  Color the leaves using Leaf green ink and cut out using the coordinating dies.  Edge the leaves with Olive ink to add some shading.  Color the flowers using Cantaloupe, Sunflower and Rhubarb Stalk ink and cut out using coordinating dies.  Lay leaves and flower petals onto the shaping mold and spritz with water.  Run through the die cut machine and then turn them out onto your desk to dry.  

Once dry use a Hydra Sponge and Dries Clear Adhesive to add glitter to the flower petals.  Glue two petals together to form the flower.  Add the homemade center and allow everything to dry.  

Once everything is dry, decide on placement and hot glue down.  The card is finished.  

You can find my card and more details in the Heartfelt Creations Gallery:  You  might also like to visit the Heartfelt Creations Blog to see what the other designers have submitted.  I know you will be inspired with all the lovely creations there!



5 comments:

Monia - Monika Jakubowska said...

Beautiful slinline card Glenda, love your sunflowers :)

Patricia Manhire said...

What a beautiful card - stunning in it's simplicity and your sunflowers are gorgeous!

Darlene said...

So beautiful Glenda! Thanks for inspiration! I need to make up a bunch of slimline cards for an upcoming show and your card has me thinking! So, guess what I'll be creating today lol! Your designs are always SO beautiful! Thanks

Leslie Miller said...

Ohhhhh, gorgeous! The beautiful paper is just the ticket for your background, and the oval frame with sunflower arrangement is gorgeous! You nailed it, Glenda!

Gail said...

So love the pop and layout for this beautiful card