Wednesday, March 21, 2018

A Fuchsia Celebration

Good morning everyone!  I'm here this morning to share another card using the Sweet Peony collection from Heartfelt Creations!  This is one of my favorites and I actually grow these in my yard!  Yesterday Spring came to East Tennessee and today we are back to winter and snow.  Just a light dusting but cold temps as well.  I'm so ready for warm temps and Peony blooms but until that happens I will settle for these gracing my card fronts!




Products Used
Designer Dries Clear Adhesive159723
Luggage and Tags DieHCD1-745
Delightful Daisies Cling Stamp SetHCPC-3656
Delightful Daisy DieHCD1-760
Memento Dye Ink Pad - Rhubarb StalkTSMP301
Memento Dye Ink Pad - Bamboo LeavesTSMP707
Memento Dye Ink Pad - Rich CocoaTSMP800
ColorBox Fluid Chalk Ink Pad - Berrylicious71053
Deluxe Flower Shaping KitHCST1-401
Sizzix Vagabond 2 With Solo Wafer-Thin Die Adapter532423-KIT
Stack and Store Daubers-Pack of 30HCDA2-450
Decorative Medallion DieHCD1-7144
StazOn Ink Pad - Olive GreenTSSZ51
Peony Bud and Blossom Cling Stamp SetHCPC-3821
Large Sweet Peony Cling Stamp SetHCPC-3820
Small Sweet Peony Cling Stamp SetHCPC-3819
Sweet Peony Paper CollectionHCDP1-288
Peony Bud and Blossom DieHCD1-7175
Large Sweet Peony DieHCD1-7174
Small Sweet Peony DieHCD1-7173

Other Products: White Cardstock, Ivory Flower Soft, Sap Green Archival Ink, Foundry Embossing Folder, Half pearl, Dimensional Tape, Pink Peony Cardstock
To see how to shape the peony, watch the video at https://youtu.be/L9_MLkvpGPQ.
For more tips on creating with the flower shaping molds, watch the tutorial at https://youtu.be/FSdPL7nXvQE.
Instructions: My card size is 5 x 7". Make card base and then emboss the pink cardstock and glue it down. Cut the medallion out of white cardstock and glue it down to the card front. Stamp the Peony flowers with the Berrylicious Ink and color them with this color as well. Stamp the daisies in Rich Cocoa Memento Ink and stamp the leaves with Olive Green Stazon Ink. Color with various inks and then cut everything out.
Run the petals through the mold and shape the flowers, then add the flower soft to the center of the daisies and set aside to dry. Once all the flowers are dry, decide where you want them over the medallion and glue them down. Pick a sentiment from the paper collection and use dimensional tape to adhere to card front. Glue a half pearl over the sentiment tag.

8 comments:

craftieodmae said...

Gorgeous card, love the colors and that amazing flower!!!!

aussie aNNie said...

Just beautiful, I am a lover of these stamps and dies so why don't I use mine often as I have plenty...I am following you so can keep up with your gorgeous work and inspiration. Loving your dogwood stamp I have too...xx💖 [Aussie aNNie's Blog]

Leslie Miller said...

Ahhh, those gorgeous blooms, right down to the littlest white ones with their yellow centers. So beautifully set off with the pretty white fan die and perfectly matched embossed background. You leave me in awe every time!

Patricia Manhire said...

What a gorgeous card with that strong and vibrant colour. Your peonies are beautiful!

Robin Clendenning said...

Beautiful color and I love your peony!! Beautiful with the white die!

Jan's Paper Flowers said...

I just love this gorgeous card...in fact I think it’s my favorite this week. Just love the colors and your amazingly beautiful flowers!

Darlene said...

GORGEOUS!! LOVE the color and I too am ready for spring! Especially after waking up to 5" of snow yesterday morning. I also grow peonies and always enjoy their beautiful blooms! Can't wait to see them again ... I actually had purple crocus blooming on Tuesday ... but sadly the snow did them in. Your card is absolutely gorgeous and has lifted my spirits! Thanks

Patricia said...

Oh! Wow! Glenda, another stunning card with amazing flowers, Love it.
Have a great weekend
Patricia xx