Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Heartfelt Creations Four Fold Cardinal Card....

Good morning everyone and welcome to another Heartfelt Creations Wednesday!  It is hotter than blue blazes here in East Tennessee and it has been a joy to work on Christmas cards using the Festive Holly Collection!  This morning I'm showing you a four fold card I made using the papers, stamps and dies from this collection!  It really is a quick and easy card when you use their products and I actually found I had a harder time taking photos of the card than in the making of it.





Products Used:
HCDP1-280 Festive Holly Paper Collection
HCPC- 3791 Festive Holly and Cardinals Cling Stamps
HCD1-7145 Festive Holly and Cardinals Die
HCPC-3792 Festive Holiday Cling Stamps
HCD1-7146 Festive Holiday Die
#241159 Dove Blender Pen
PGM15015 Rajni Chawala’s Crystal Clear
TSMP900 Tuxedo Black Memento Ink
TSMP707 Bamboo Leaves Memento Ink
TSMP300 Lady Bug Memento Ink
#85 Crystal Art Glitter
#159723 Designer Dries Clear Glue

Other Supplies: Dandelion Memento Ink, White Cardstock, Pumice Stone Distress Ink, Lace, Bling on a String, Score-Tape, Dimensional Tape, Hot Glue Gun, Cotton Ball

Instructions: My card size is 4 1/4 X 6 1/4.  To make the card base start with a piece of cardstock 11 1/2 X 5 1/2 and another piece of cardstock measuring 2 3/4 X 4 1/4.  Start with the larger piece and score on the long side at 1/4 - 3 3/4  - 7 1/4.  Turn and score at 5/8 down to the last score line and cut away.  Next glue the 2 ¾ X 4 1/4 to the 1/4 score line and then cut away the bit of scored cardstock above the glued on cardstock.  This makes the base of your card.  There are many of these listed on Pinterest so if you are a visual learner like me that might be the way to go.  Next I covered the panels with different pieces of cardstock and some of the paper collection creating layers.  The papers are so beautiful and just really put me into the Christmas spirit!  On the back panel I used Score-Tape to adhere a piece of lace to the bottom of the panel and then glued one of the pretty card fronts on top of that.  I hot glued the Bling on a String and then stamped the sentiment using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink.  Next die cut the pretty top piece and glue it to the top of the panel.  Moving to the next panel I used the cotton ball and Bamboo Leaves Memento Ink and laid down a layer of color in the center of the panel.  Use a light hand as it is easier to add more but once it is down you can’t take it back; so slow and easy here.  Stamp the lamp and the holly using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink and die cut the images.  I used the Dove Blender Pen and the different inks to color these two pieces.  Stamp the sentiment on the bottom of the panel using Tuxedo Black Ink.  I used dimensional tape to pop up the image so it has a bit of dimension.  I also added some glitter here and there just for a bit of interest, after all it is the season!  The rest of the panels are just covered with pieces of the pretty paper collection with a bit of glitter added.  On the front panel I used the Crystal Clear.  The card is now finished.  Folded flat it can mail and extended out, it makes a beautiful decorator piece.  I hope you try this card for one of your Christmas cards this year.

I love this design and will probably be using it again soon.  I'm also getting a jump on my Christmas cards and am very happy to be able to set them aside until I need them.  If you would like a bit more inspiration just follow this link over to the Heartfelt Creations Blog and see what the other designers have done this week!

13 comments:

Sandra Carey said...

Beautiful card Glenda Hugs S xx

craftieodmae said...

Absolutely gorgeous, love it!

SussiPoppins said...

Beautiful! Inky hugs

Marisa Job said...

Gorgeous card!!

Robin Clendenning said...

Beautiful foldout type card! Love all the layers!

Patricia Manhire said...

Beautiful card with the different layers xx

Darlene said...

This is just GORGEOUS Glenda and I know what you mean about making holiday cards when it is SO hot outside! I mowed yesterday since they were calling for rain today and OMG ... it was so hot/humid, I actually kicked the mower up a notch and 'speed' mowed! LOL
Thanks again for BEAUTIFUL inspiration! Stay cool ...

Leslie Miller said...

Wow WOW! So gorgeous and it folds flat for mailing! I hear you about the taking pictures. Gosh I love the look of this collection! Good thing you've got Christmas cards to make during your heat wave. I feel cooler just looking at this!

Karan Gerber said...

awesome fold out card, love it

Jan's Paper Flowers said...

Love your beautiful and creative card Glenda? You're so talented!

Nan G said...

Beautiful card!

Nan G said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nan G said...

I'm a little behind in leaving comments. I've loved your cards these past few weeks. I've been busy cleaning out my craft room. Wow, that's some vine that could pass as a small tree! Take care in the heat, Glenda. Enjoy the weekend. Hugs, nan