Friday, October 24, 2014

We Must Begin.....

Here we are in the middle of October and like it or not Christmas is coming!  I'm actually feeling a bit stressed as there is so much I want to do this year and since I don't have a huge amount of commitments, there is no reason for me not to begin!  So with head bowed and saying a small prayer that I will be able to do more this year, here we go!



My card this morning is 4 1/4" X 5 1/2" and it is a white on white card with a pop of color.  I almost wish I had used a pretty pink instead of red but it's too late now.  I used a new Anna Griffin embossing folder I purchased recently and I have to say I love the quality of the embossing!  Some red Pan Pastel and a little gold Gala Glitz for the flower center and the card is all ready to go.  Very quick and simple but it makes a statement.  The bow is white seam binding and I love how it ties up into a very pretty Christmas bow!  

OK, that is it for me this morning.  This whole week for me has been something out of the funny papers!  I get to feeling like the very last Keystone Cop coming out of the little car!  I plan to spend today and tomorrow hidden away here in my craft room, just playing until my heart is content!

16 comments:

Rita said...

Oh my Glenda, this card is stunning. I do love it. Hugs Rita xxx

DottyA Cards & Things said...

This is a real Beauty!!!! No stress here for sure, a Lovely simple card with great impack.
Love it!!!

craftieodmae said...

absolutely breathtaking!!!!!!

Dianne said...

Hello Miss Glenda, it's always a joy to visit, your cards are some of the best creations in blog land, always gorgeoussss flowers, beautiful design, such a pretty bow, I love it in red, it would be fabulous in pink too, quick and simple with a big wow impact, thanks for sharing hope you have a wonderful weekend..

Marisa Job said...

What a beautiful and elegant card!! Hugs!

Lee Ann Barrett said...

What a stunning card, Glenda! Just beautiful!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Oh, Glenda...you've done it again, my friend! Made a card so beautiful that it makes me sigh....what gorgeous design...and that poinsettia is heavenly!

Patricia said...

Oh! My! Word! Glenda this card is stunningly beautiful,.
I love everything about it, the embossing is so crisp. Your poinsettia is wonderful.
Hugs

Patricia x

Sylvia said...

Gorgeous card, Glenda, Love all the white with a pop of red, so very lovely!

Gloria Stengel said...

GASP! This is so stunning! I love the white on white. And that flower! Yummy. I confess....I did not send cards last year. The first time in my memory that I did not! But, the good news is that I will have enough cards made this year to send out. LOL

Leslie Miller said...

What a gorgeous card and the embossing is incredible! Sometimes I think I should quit looking because there's always something new I want. Note to self: Enjoy what I have. Your work on this is just lovely. There's nothing like white on white. I hope you enjoyed your weekend!

Linda W. said...

Oh la la! I love the style of this card and most of all the clean simplicity of it all yet so elegant. Of course, I expect no less from you gf! Many hugs and here's to a better week for both of us!

KarenB said...

Love the white on white - amazing how texture can make a card shine :) The pop of red is just magic.

Jackie PN said...

Stunning! Glenda!! You really have a beautiful way with choosing the right colors and elements for your cards! ")

Caroline D. said...

Your friends and family and are so lucky... they will be getting such gorgeous creations from you! This one is stunning!

LMKENNEDY said...

What poinsettia die is this and what size is it? I love this!