Friday, October 31, 2014

Christmas Tag.......

In my quest for different Christmas pieces, each year I always try new things and sometimes the outcome is a keeper.  Sometimes not so much!  This one is definitely a keeper.  I saw this idea somewhere so I won't even pretend to take credit except for the fact that I made it my own by doing my own thing for a totally different finished piece than the initial piece I saw.  So there!

I have a Sizzix Tim Holtz Movers and Shapers die that is a tag and I use it a lot.  It is a steel rule die and will cut almost anything.  Did I say...I love it?  Anyway, being the Craft Hoarder I am, I am forever keeping the plastic blister packs products come in and until now, I've never really used them for anything.  I purchased some new Anna Griffin embossing folders for the Christmas season and they are just gorgeous.  So of course I had to use them on my project!


The sentiment is a retired Stampin-Up sentiment (A Cardinal Christmas) and the deer is a Memory box die (Leaping Deer).  The small tag with the sentiment on it is from Heartfelt Creations HCD 745 Luggage and Tags dies.  

I can tell you one thing...this was very difficult to get a photo of!  I took many photos and turned the tag every which way but loose!  Photography is definitely not my strong point.  But this is a delicate but gorgeous piece and will be wonderful slipped down into a gift bag with a little gift.

Can I just say in closing this morning...we are forecast for snow and snow showers in the Tennessee Valley tonight and tomorrow.  I'm sorry but isn't this just a tad bit early?  The leaves are just beginning to get gorgeous where I am.  I love snow but in it's own time!  Now that I have made my statements on the matter.....Happy Halloween and stay safe wherever you are!

9 comments:

Patricia said...

I like, I like, I really like this amazing Tag.
Great idea and design
Have a great weekend

Patricia XX

DottyA Cards & Things said...

Yes this is a Beauty for sure!!! and you did a Great job with the picture too!!! I bet is was hard to capture....

Nan G said...

A stunning tag! I hope I saved my acetate leftovers when we packed to move. I'm going to borrow this idea. You're getting snow and FL is expecting lows in the 40s... :0 ! Way too early! Have a great weekend.

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous tag, Glenda! Very creative and beautiful design! Have a nice weekend!

Sylvia said...

Love your tag, Glenda, the package worked perfectly! Envious of your cooler weather, would love to veg in front of a fire today! Happy Halloween and Friday to you!

craftieodmae said...

Oh My Word!!!! Glenda this is nothing short of breathtaking!!!! I love it.............

Gio said...

It's almost magical, really different and lovely Christmas tag!

nancy carroll said...

LOVE this!

Leslie Miller said...

I saw your snow on the news. Boy and howdy, you really got it! Very early in the year it seems. Now, I LOVE this tag! Fabulous recycling, or in this case, total UPcycling! I do love to emboss clear sheets like this and sometimes do it for clear boxes or box tops, but I must say, the tag is an amazing idea. Really special!