Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Inspiration Wednesday...Poppy Gateway Fold Card...

Good morning my friends and welcome to my blog.   I'm here this morning to share another Heartfelt Creations card I have made.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed making it!  You can find my card in the Heartfelt Creations Gallery and there you can see all the items used to make it.  


The finished size of the card is 5" X 7".  Using the Gateway Fold Card, cover the front with a piece of Sheet 8B of the paper Collection.  I used the Large Outline die of the Teardrop Lattice Gateway Die for this.   I cut the decorative portion of the die using white cardstock.  Glue this piece onto the card front.  I cut another of the large outline die using a piece of Sheet 3A and glued this to the back of the card front.  Now lay the smaller archway die from the set onto the card front being careful to center on the decorative die cut.  Run this through the die cut machine and it should cut an opening through all these layers.  I had to run this through about 3 times to get the die to cut cleanly.  



Using the large Gateway die, cut two pieces out of Sheet 4A of the paper collection.  Glue these two pieces to the next two pages of the Gateway Fold card.  This covers all the inside portion of the card.  

Stamp the flower petals with Poppy Archival ink onto the Deluxe Flower Shaping Paper. Color the centers of the flowers with Leaf Green ink using the Stack and Store Daubers.  Color the rest of the petals with the Poppy ink and remember to do the back as well.  Cut out using the coordinating die. Lay onto the mold, spritz with water and run through the die cut machine.  Allow to dry then glue two petals together to form the flower.  Add the Prills to the center of the flowers and allow to dry.  

Stamp the Poppy Accents and the Leafy Accents onto the Deluxe Flower Shaping Paper using Fern Green.  Color using Leaf green and  the Stack and Store Daubers then go around the edges with Fern Green ink to add some shading to the leaves.  Cut out using coordinating dies. Lay the Leafy Accents onto the mold, spritz with water and run through the die cut machine.  Allow to dry.  


3 comments:

Jan's Paper Flowers said...

Gorgeous card my friend! Love your beautiful poppies!!!

Patricia Manhire said...

This is so beautiful!! Your poppies are just stunning!!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh! Let me catch my breath! How beautiful, Glenda! There's something about an arbor or arch or trellis in a garden... sigh. Your poppies could have come straight from the flower bed. Amazing!