Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Introducing the Heartfelt Creations Decorative Dragonfly Collection...

Good morning everyone!  I'm here this morning to help introduce the brand new Decorative Dragonfly Collection from Heartfelt Creations!  This is such a wonderful collection and I just know you are going to love it!  You can see my card in the Heartfelt Creations Gallery Just follow the  link!  




My finished card is 4 1/4" X 5 1/2" using a fun fold and a belly band.  Make card base and score the card front in half and burnish.  Cut two pieces of the paper 2" X 5 3/8" and cover the front of the card.  I used Sheet 11B which has card fronts on it.  Cover the inside with a piece of Sheet 10A cut to 4 1/8" X 5 3/8".  The belly band is made using a 1" strip of Sheet 12B.

Cut a piece of white cardstock and layer onto the inside of the card.  I stamped the sentiment on this piece using Jet Black ink. 

I stamped the flower onto Canson watercolor paper using Jet Black ink and embossed it with clear embossing powder.  I used the Zig markers and a water brush to color the flower and then used coordinating die to cut it out.  I added glitter and set this aside to dry.  

I stamped the larger dragonfly twice using Olive ink and embossed with clear embossing powder.  Color with various ink colors, I used Leaf Green, Cornflower Blue, Magenta Hue and glued the two together curling the wings a bit to make it look like it is in flight. Edge the 1" piece of the paper collection with Cornflower Blue and shape into the belly band and use Scor-Tape to adhere together in the back.  Glue the dragonfly to the bellyband and set aside to dry.




Stamp the small dragonfly with Memento Danube Blue ink and emboss with clear embossing powder.  Color using Danube Blue and Leaf Green inks then cut out using coordinating die.  

Decide on placement for the flower and the small dragonfly and glue down.  Slide the belly band down over the card and it is ready to go.


1 comment:

Leslie Miller said...

Oooh, dragonflies! Gorgeous! I love the flowers, too. I must say that HC dies are made to cut just the way I like it with the inners as well as the outers. I like the sentiment and papers, too. All so beautifully put together on your card, Glenda!