Wednesday, January 8, 2020

WOYWW #553

Good morning everyone!  I have been missing in action for a couple of weeks going through the holidays and I've really missed you guys!  So lets get started!  If you would like to join us just head over to Julia's blog and have a look around.  We are a happy bunch of crafters and we would love to have you join us!

My desk this morning looks much like it has for over a week now.  No excuses, just lazy I think....


I'm making flowers and then there will be leaves as well coming along behind all the flowers.  I'm making up some to have on hand as fillers flowers and leaves for cards I will be making.  It's always nice to have a few of different accent colors to go along with the larger flowers.  And a girl can never have enough leaves!  I'm working on Lilacs right now and they will be pink.  Next come some small rose petals that make pretty single petal flowers with some bead centers.  I have been in a slump since before Christmas so when this happens to me, and it does periodically, I make flowers.  That usually gets my juices flowing again and I'm ready to create.  

Well this is it for me this morning.  I'm off to link up at Julia's to link up and visit as many of you as I can before it is time for me to move on.  

15 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

Genius way to make the flowers in quantity, I didn’t realise such a set existed! BUT...how do you cut the shapes in the first place...please tell me it’s a punch or die! I think this sort of repetitive work is ideal when you’re feeling a slump..it sort of let’s your mind wander whilst not wasting time and almost inevitably, the wandering takes you to an idea!

shazsilverwolf said...

Like Julia, I'm curious about the flower making thingy! Great idea by the looks of it. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #6 X

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Glenda, I have one of these moulds but just haven't got round to using it. I saw the flowers being made at a show and got all the stuff and now I'm feeling guilty at not using them yet as it is such a clever idea. So thanks for reminding me. Happy creative woyww, Angela x8x

Caro said...

I'm also intrigued about the flowers - please can you give us details of how you make them at some point. Happy WOYWW. I hope you have a lovely week. With love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#11)

Diana Taylor said...

Your flowers are so pretty - I've been looking at those molds for a while now but not got round to getting one - they are quite pricey and I want to make sure I get the right one for my needs. Flower making is such a lovely and relaxing activity, I'm sure you'll soon be back into full creative flow again.
Have a great week,
Diana x #16

Helen said...

fab flowers - the possibilities are endless I am sure. Helen #1

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Happy New Year Glenda, hope 2020 is happy, healthy and full of crafting. I think of you as the flower lady, you always seem to have lovely ones on show!
Hugs LLJ 2 xxx

Leslie Miller said...

That's a nice way to get out of a slump and make something pretty in the process. When I can't get started I'll oftentimes go in my room and clean and organize. Just being in there and seeing/touching my things helps. Happy new year, Glenda!

Sarah Brennan said...

Brilliant idea while you are not in the mood for much else Glenda. I saw a set similar to this on Hochanda (a craft shopping channel in the UK) and it looked like a great way for batch making flowers. Happy New Year and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

Sue said...

Hi Glenda, Great to get flowers done, so you have them ready. hope your solump is soon over.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Happy WOYWW
Sue #9

Crafting With Jack said...

Pretty flowers, not sure how you make them though x Angela #27

Twiglet said...

A great idea to have a "go to" activity when you don't feel up to the tricky stuff! The flowers are so pretty. x Jo

Lillianb said...

Sorry about the late visit and thanks you for your visit to my blog,
Love the idea of a go to activity when you cannot do the other stuff,


Lilian B #7

Neet said...

I really must get some of those flower shapers from HC - your flowers are always beautiful. Wasn't it lovely to see Emma Lou's new baby? She is such a wonderful mother, I am sure.
Hope the spell of making flowers has worked its magic and we can see some completed flowers next week or the one after.
Hugs, Neet 4 xx

Kyla said...

ooh I have not seen these flower making moulds before they look really good and a great way to batch make supplies by the look of it.

Thanks for visiting my desk already
kyla #14