Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Pretty Pink Lilacs.....

Good morning everyone!  I hope this finds you well.  As for me, I definitely have Spring Fever; we have had record breaking temps and I actually had to mow the lawn yesterday!  So today I will be in my craft room resting up a bit and being a little creative.  This morning I"m here to share another card with you using the Lush Lilac Collection.  This one has become one of my favorite collections


Products Used
Designer Dries Clear Adhesive159723
Dove Blender Kit241159
Memento Dye Ink Pad - ElderberryTSMP507
Memento Dye Ink Pad - Bamboo LeavesTSMP707
Deluxe Flower Shaping KitHCST1-401
Sizzix Vagabond 2 With Solo Wafer-Thin Die Adapter532423-KIT
Brilliance Ink - Pearlescent OrchidTSBL34
Stack and Store Daubers-Pack of 30HCDA2-450
Eyelet Oval & Basics Small DieHCD1-7156
Eyelet Oval & Basics Large DieHCD1-7157
Lush Lilac & Umbrella Spray Cling Stamp SetHCPC-3817
Lush Lilac Cling Stamp SetHCPC-3816
Lush Lilac Paper CollectionHCDP1-287
Sweet Lilac Scroll & Cage DieHCD1-7172
Lush Lilac & Umbrella Spray DieHCD1-7171
Lush Lilac DieHCD1-7170
3D Lush Lilac Shaping MoldHCFB1-466

Other Products: White Cardstock, 4MM Half Pearls, Dimensional Tape
For more tips on creating with the Lush Lilac collection, watch the tutorial at https://youtu.be/KDbdzC0MnAI.
For more tips on creating with the flower shaping molds, watch the tutorial at https://youtu.be/FSdPL7nXvQE.
Instructions: My card is 4 1/4 X 5 1/2 inches. Make card base and cover with a piece of the paper collection. Cut out the two oval pieces and glue them together. Use dimensional tape to adhere to the card. Cut out the cage and glue it to the oval piece then set aside to dry.
Using Elderberry Ink, stamp the flowers and before you die cut them color them with a sponge dauber and the Pearlescent Orchid ink. Using the coordinating die, cut out the flowers and run them through the mold then shape just a bit more using the Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit. Glue half pearls to the center of the flowers and set aside to dry.
Using Bamboo Leaves Memento Ink stamp the Lilac spray and then use the Dove Blender Pen and the Bamboo Leaves ink to color the leaves. Glue the Lilac Flowers to cover everything except the leaves and then glue that to the cage.
Next, I found a sentiment from the paper collection, cut it out and curled it a bit and then glued it down. The card is finished.

9 comments:

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Your love for flowers always shines through! I love the simple elegance of this gorgeous card! Hugs!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my gosh, look at this with the gorgeous bird cage and pretty oval! As if the flowers weren't pretty enough, the total package takes it over the top. Love!!

Patricia Manhire said...

Gorgeous!

Robin Clendenning said...

I love your beautiful birdcage and lilacs!! Gorgeous!

Darlene said...

I'm jealous! I can't wait to be able to get out and mow! But, still to wet & soggy here in Ohio. Soon though ... think we will have an early Spring ... YAY!!!
Your card is beautiful as always and I just LOVE that floral cluster! Beautiful design my friend!! Have a happy day!

Jan's Paper Flowers said...

Oh, those beautiful pink lilacs on the gorgeous birdcage...perfection!

SussiPoppins said...

Love the use of the cage. Hugs

Patricia said...

Oh! Wow! I am just loving this beautiful card, everything is stunning.
We are having record temperatures as well .... but LOW!!! ones and so much snow!!
We did manage out of our village today, so that was good.
Thank you for sharing your beautiful work.
Patricia xx

Diane said...

Beautifully created, I can almost smell the lilacs!!