Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Medallion Card

Good Tuesday morning! I hope you are up and ready to go.....I am....Another night of not sleeping much~! I swear the older I get, the more I roam at night!! Ok enough of that....Here is my card for today. I made the medallion with a 12" piece of pattern paper that is punched with a Martha Stewart Punch, then the paper is cut to about 3/4" width. I scored in between each peak and then folded at each score. I then taped each end together and laid flat and glued to a 1" circle. I then used distress ink to distress the edges. Another 1" circle glued to the top with a small flower to top it off. To me it is labor intensive, but I love the look.
My card base is cream colored cardstock run through the cuttlebug with a folder. The medallion is mounted on a navy blue base with a piece of handmade Mulberry paper distressed with Ranger Distress ink...Aged Mahogany. I used a Spellbinders die for the lace on the bottom and a small piece of white ribbon colored with Copic B39. I really like to color my ribbon to match my card. I think the Copics do a great job and you can almost match anything depending on the number of markers you have.
I hope you enjoy the card. Have a wonderful day and don't forget to "breathe"!!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

That is just stunning. I love it!
Trying to remember to breathe...

Amanda said...

This is just beautiful!! Love it!