Saturday, March 5, 2016

March Craft Hoarders Hop...



Good morning everyone and welcome to our March Craft Hoarders Hop!  We are a group of ladies dedicated to our art and we have decided to admit that we "Hoard" and we are dedicated to trying to use some of products we have hidden away!

My name is Glenda and I'm a hoarder!  The first step is admitting that you are a hoarder and then set about doing something about it.  My problem is when I clear a space I have this terrible urge to fill it with more supplies!  I stopped going to meetings so I never got past the stage of admitting I'm a hoarder.


This month I am thinking about Easter and have made a tag shaped like an Easter egg using some inks I've had in my stash for a long time.  I also used some seam binding that was lying around on the corner of my desk and it was already the color I needed.  The flowers and butterfly are made from some stamps and dies I've had for awhile. They are not actually hoarded because I use them, but they have been with me for awhile.  I went digging in my fiber cubby and found the pretty thread but it was white.  I ran it across the ink pad and colored it to match the greens everywhere else. The egg shape and the purple layer are made using two layers of card stock that was hoarded and in a drawer but it still took to the color and became a beautiful layered piece for my flowers, leaves and butterfly.

You should be coming here from Jacquie Southas blog.  After visiting me, hop over to Tracey Sabella's Blog.  To start at the beginning of the hop, go back to Gloria's Blog!  Please follow along the hop for lots of inspiration!

Craft Hoarders Anonymous Blog Hop List:
Gloria Stengel
Debbie Seyer
Pam Bray
Jacquie Southas
Glenda Brooks(You are here)
Tracey Sabella
Donna Idlet
Wendi Robinson
Teresa Horner
Barbara Rankin
Karen Zueger-Brownell
Christy Houser











14 comments:

craftieodmae said...

Another gorgeous work of art...........Love the flowers and bow!! not to mention the shape!

Caroline D. said...

Hi, I'm Caroline and I'm a hoarder too! LOL Everything is too pretty to use or when I'm in a store it looks like it would be fun to have. LOL Your egg shaped tag is just beautiful!! I still remember those 3D egg treasures you made a few years ago. Great idea for coloring the thread... love being able to use supplies for more than the basic stamping. Good luck in using up more of your hoard!

Jan Vint said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty!

nattyboots said...

Loving your work )

Patricia said...

Love, love, love, your beautiful Easter Card.
It is a little "work of art"
Thank you for the inspiration.
Have a great weekend
Patricia xxx

Teresa said...

This is such a beautiful Easter Egg!! And i love that you hoard papers and other goodies so that you can share these amazing projects with all of us. Have a wonderful and crafty week.

Judy said...

Very pretty project! I love the Easter egg idea with all the gorgeous flowers and other pretties. Thanks for sharing.

Leslie Miller said...

A gorgeous combination of neglected and well loved. Wow! Exquisite!

Sylvia said...

Wow, I missed a Saturday post, Glenda, so unlike you! Actually I did not do any blogging on Saturday...small wonder! Beautiful tag, love the colors! Have a wonderful Monday!

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

What a stunning Easter tag. Your colors and flowers are amazing!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

Garden of Grace

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

A really great post, magpie, am os glad your shared all those details of how you made it very imaginative use of your stash. hard to use every thing we have then we look around for more, so bad eh??
Thanks so much for popping over and for sharing.
Shaz in Oz.x

{Shaz in Oz – Calligraphy Cards}

creative lady said...

Glenda, your Easter tag is beautiful, I love your colors and flowers.

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Just beautiful, Glenda! That butterfly is just stunning! I am really longing for spring now!

Barbara Rankin said...

Gorgeous card, Glenda. You always do such pretty work, and I really love the egg shape for this one, and the colors are beautiful.