Monday, April 25, 2016

Iris in Bloom...

Springtime has come to East Tennessee and all around us nature is coming alive and showing many beautiful colors.  I love this time of year but there is a lot of work involved and it seems each year it takes longer and longer to get it all done!




Out of all the flowers and all the colors, I think the lovely Iris is my most favorite. Blooming in Spring they sport many beautiful colors and a wonderful fragrance to delight your senses.  These are the first blooms to come forth and I'm so happy to see their lacy beards!  Everywhere I go where there are Iris growing, I'm always begging for a little root to get a start.  

That's it for me this morning.  I hope you get to spend time today doing what you love!

6 comments:

Sylvia said...

What beautiful and Springtime colored iris, Glenda, they look beautiful along your white fence! Happy Monday and wishing you lots of sunshine!

Lenoria said...

Glenda, I love your pink Iris! I don't have any that color but I think they are my favorite flowers. My pale purple are the only ones to bloom so far so I am waiting for the others. Your's look beautiful along your white picket fence!!

Leslie Miller said...

Ohhhh, your irises look so pretty against the white picket fence! I don't have enough sunny garden space left to grow irises so my spring bloom-o-rama comes from the azaleas. Bet passersby just love stopping to look at your garden. Such a pretty sight! I'm so glad you shared these photos, Glenda!

Patricia said...

Wow! Oh! Wow! Glenda, those flowers are amazing.
They are just so beautiful, the coulrs and wonderful shapes.
It is still very, very cold here in the N.E. Scotland we even had Snow today.
Patricia x

Darlene said...

Oh Glenda your iris are just gorgeous! LOVE that pink one ... so soft, delicate & pretty! WOW ... you certainly have a green thumb! Thanks for sharing ...

Mary Ann said...

Congrats!!!Beautiful flowers!!