Monday, February 18, 2013

A Birthday Card.......



I never really realized how many January and February birthdays I have.  I have been quite busy making cards for all my family members and this is the latest.  I saw a gorgeous card on Pintrest and was inspired to make this one.  Now let me just say I'm not happy with the banner but, can you believe it, I have never even attempted this before!  I'm sure I will be forgiven for my poor attempt.  After all the truck is what everyone is interested in!  It's an antique and I got the picture off the internet and cut out with a die for my focal image!

Now I think I'm ready to move on to Easter and some Spring cards for sure!  So what do you have planned for the day?  I hope you have time to play...that's what I'm doing!

10 comments:

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Great card, would love to have that truck!! Your border looks good Glenda. Yes, on to Spring, I'm so ready. Fresh fun colors, warm spring air. High winds again and forcast for snow later in the week. I've several Feb/Mar cards to do also. Enjoy the week.

Rita said...

Fabulous card Glenda. We have had 3 really sunny & bright days and the spring flowers are popping up in the garden too. Hugs from Scotland. Rita xx

Sylvia said...

What a fun card, Glenda, the birthday card will bring back memories for someone! Have a wonderful Monday.

TesaB said...

Wonderful card, Glenda! Love how the red van pops out of the card. I like your banner, it's wonderful!!! Have fun playing today!

Payne Holler Cards said...

I think it's great! Your image is poppin and banner is great backdrop!

craftieodmae said...

this is awesome!!!! Did I thank you for my gorgeous card????? It was beautiful!!

Crafty Lark said...

Love your antique surround and that is a super image. I find car cards very useful so I am inspired. xx Flora

Marisa Job said...

Great card!! Love the colors you used too!,

Nan G said...

Great card! Love the truck. I too struggle with banners. I think yours turned out fab.

Leslie Miller said...

Your banner looks just fine to me. Love how your vintage card goes with the vintage truck. Great guy card, and they are sooooo hard to make.