Monday, May 21, 2012

Follow Your Heart.....


Good morning bloggers!  As we begin our new work week I want to share another card I made.  I just love this sentiment and I actually live by this!  I used one of my new Spellbinders dies, Lattice motifs and I have to tell you I have fallen in love with this one.  It reminds me days gone by and summer days of my childhood!  How do you like the flower?  This is homemade and I simply adore the curls and the delicate look of the flower...this is my take on the gardenia flowers you purchase from many name brand mfgs. I found a video on YouTube called Handmade flowers - paper gardenias by luvleescrapin.  If you would like to make these you can go there and watch the video.  I used white cardstock from Walmart and did a light blue color wash on the petals and then while damp I scrunched and twisted and then glued the layers together to make this little beauty.  Some colored stamen in the center and there you have it.  I'm seeing more of these in my future!

Well I'm off to visit my sister bloggers and see what they have had going on over the weekend.  I'm always happy to see new postings from everyone and see all the beautiful creations.

Have a wonderful day!

Supplies:
Canson watercolor paper
Nature Garden Collection paper from Prima
Blue card stock
Spellbinders Lattice motifs



17 comments:

Rita said...

Wow Glenda, you never cease to amaze me with your beautiful cards and flowers. I love to-days card and the BP is stunning, but your gardenia certainly stands out,its so beautiful. Have a lovely day. Hugs Rita xx

DottyA Cards & Things said...

Oh the Gardenia are Lovely, you are the Flower Queen in my book for sure. They are perfect for this card too. The whole look is perfect!

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

What a fun way to enjoy my first cup of coffee. This is a lovely card.
I like the new die and I'm heading over to watch the video, the flower is beautiful. As stated above
"Flower Queen" !!! love that it fits perfect.
Busy day again, but plan to do a few hours creating...I NEED it.
Have a great Monday.

Lisa Lynne said...

A beautiful card, for sure! You are right about the Lattice Motif - you've created a lovely garden atmosphere. And I like that sentiment, too.
Have a great week!

craftieodmae said...

this is absolutely awesome!!!

Becky said...

Glenda, this is gorgeous....and that flower is jaw dropping! I must check out that video...thanks for sharing!!!

Carla S. said...

This is so gorgeous, Glenda! I love the diecuts and the beautiful handmade flower! Thanks for the link to the tutorial!

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...loVe your delicate background paper Glenda it sets of this stunning frame a treat & your rather luscious flower ties it all together, soooo pretty...loVely makings...Mel :)

Pattie J. said...

I really love that flower. just beautiful, and delicate. Love your background too......hugs.

Starla said...

Sigh...just lovely

The Other Patti Sue said...

Love that die! Super,super pretty!

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! The flower is amazing! You make the most gorgeous flowers. I always associate you with handmade flowers. The card is beautiful. I love the garden look of it. The sentiment, too, is something I'm really taking seriously lately.

Nan G said...

Beautiful card! Love this new lattice die cut! Saw the YouTube video....going to try these flowers myself. Yours turned fab!

Anonymous said...

I think your cards are beautiful. Hope I can use some of the ideas.

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, Glenda, I am loving that gorgeous Gardenia. My dad loved all flowers but he really liked Gardenia's. Everything about this card is nostalgic for me as well! Have a wonderful Tuesday!

Anonymous said...

Love this card...its so beautiful.
Thanks for sharing the info on how to make the flower.
Tanya

Maryleva said...

Love this uique, beautiful flower. Stunning card. Your garden looks fantastic also.