Monday, October 5, 2015

October Craft Hoarders Anonymous Hop.....



Good morning friends and welcome to the October "Hoarders Hop"!  It seems I have become a paper hoarder somewhere along the way.  When I first started crafting, I didn't use paper; I made my own backgrounds and that way I never worried about matching cause once finished with the image I just made my background match!  So through the years, like a true hoarder, I purchased and set aside.  When I came across this sheet of paper there were three coordinating pages so I took a deep breath and picked up my paper trimmer!  I love the beautiful coral, blues and tans and now that the deed is done, I feel so much better.  Now I have a gift from my heart for someone special.


The box below is all handmade and covered with the pretty paper and then I fussy cut the butterfly and made the little rose as well.

I also handmade the envelopes that fit the cards and now everything is tucked away inside it's own little box ready to go.  I hope you enjoy this as much as I enjoyed making it!

You should be coming here from Jacquie's blog  After visiting me, hop over to Amber's blog next.  To start at the beginning of the hop, and for the full list of Bloggers, go to Gloria's Blog!  

Craft Hoarders Anonymous Blog Hop List:
Gloria Stengel 
Vicki Robertson
Debbie Seyer
Ginny Nemchak 
Pam Bray
Jacquie Southas
Glenda Brooks (You are here)
Amber Milone
Tracey Sabella
Donna Idlet
Bonnie Garby
Nancy Dynes
Wendi Robinson
Teresa Horner
Kathy Clement (on vacation, hop on to Barbara's Blog)
Jan Ennenga (on vacation, hop on to Barbara's Blog)
Barbara Rankin
Karen Zueger-Brownell (on vacation, hop on to Marisa's Blog)
Marisa Job
Christy Houser

17 comments:

Vicki said...

Beautiful set of cards and matching box! I love your printed rose!

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Just what I needed...I've lovely papers and I've a lot of cards to make in quick fashion. Paper cutter here I come. Thanks Glenda the Craft Hoaders is a good inspiration You have a lovely week.

Sylvia said...

What a beautiful gift, Glenda, such a sweet container....such a clean desk! Happy Monday!

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Oh your papers are really lovely !! And I love the finished cards. Your box is also beautiful, love the shine on that pretty flower. Thanks for the inspiration.

Rea' said...

Such a beautiful gift idea ... great inspiration Thanks!

creative lady said...

Beautiful card box and the cards are beautiful!

Jacquie Southas said...

A lovely set of cards and beautiful box, Glenda! It is sooooo hard to cut into those beautiful papers :)

Jan's Paper Flowers said...

Wow, beautiful set!!! What a great gift!

nattyboots said...

Just beautiful !

Marisa Job said...

Such a beautiful project!!

Lenoria said...

This is such a beautiful box and cards and such a wonderful gift! (I tried commenting before but it would not go thru, the list says Gloria Stengel - you are here).

Darlene said...

All are SO beautiful Glenda! Don't feel bad ... I'm a paper hoarder too! Some of those beautiful papers are just so darn hard to cut into ... {sigh} ... but look at the FABULOUS creations you've come up with ... WOWZA! And, LOVE that box ... you're always an inspiration! I'm back from Michigan and need to GET BUSY! Thanks for inspiring me once again! HUGS

Bonnie Garby said...

What a beautiful gift set and a perfect way to use up some of your pretty papers!

Leslie Miller said...

Your card collection literally made me gasp when I first saw them! So beautiful, and what a fabulous gift with the matching box! Those papers/colors are gorgeous. I believe I saw them on your desk on one of your Wednesday work desk posts and comment on the colors then. So nice to see this project come to fruition. You have quite an eye for gorgeous papers. I try not to be a paper hoarder, but it just happens unintentionally. Can't use them up fast enough. I just love my designer paper!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

My dear, these notecards are just like little jewels! So beautifully made....you are a wonder!

wendipooh13 said...

so pretty!! LOVE your box and that flower!!!!

Gloria Stengel said...

I love this pretty card and box set! I have tons of paper that is too pretty to cut....I know, it's a sickness. I need to dig it out and just MAKE SOME STUFF with it.